UID 250211 AC1

Skip to the first unread message

amit chauhan

25 Feb 2011, 12:20:13 am25/02/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Sending photo of an unidentified medium sized tree near cultivated field, fruits as seen in the photo and leaves auricled. Kindly help in identiying the same.

regards

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant

Rashida Atthar

25 Feb 2011, 2:01:49 am25/02/11
to amit chauhan, indiantreepix
Thanks for one more unusual tree pictures from you. I happened to see Ficus rubescens vahl fruiting at Sawantwadi, Mah.in Sep.'10,  The young tree has more elliptic auricular leaves and greenish unripe fruits . You may have a look in the database. I think your tree is perhaps
Ficus rubescens vahl.

regards,
Rashida.

Satish Chile

25 Feb 2011, 2:04:02 am25/02/11
to Rashida Atthar, amit chauhan, indiantreepix
Yes this is Ficus rubescens.
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

amit chauhan

25 Feb 2011, 5:13:36 am25/02/11
to Satish Chile, Rashida Atthar, indiantreepix
Hi,

Thanks Rashida ji & Satish ji for taking pains for identifying my
plant. You both have atleast brought me close to the genus and now I
after cheking the forest flora of Kumaon I have confirmed the plant it
is Ficus semicordata Buch. - Ham. ex J. E. Sm. and I am sending a link
for it kindly update in the database.

http://www.asianflora.com/Moraceae/Ficus-semicordata-2.jpg

thanks once again & regards

Amit

Rashida Atthar

25 Feb 2011, 7:06:23 am25/02/11
to amit chauhan, Satish Chile, indiantreepix
Thankyou Amit ji for the details and update.

regards,
Rashida.

Satish Chile

26 Feb 2011, 12:29:47 am26/02/11
to Rashida Atthar, amit chauhan, indiantreepix
Thank you Amit ji. I have updated my information by the link you provided.

Pankaj Kumar

26 Feb 2011, 11:25:17 am26/02/11
to amit chauhan, indiantreepix
Ficus semicordata