For ID 211011 NS 1

Neha Singh

Oct 21, 2011, 10:20:47 AM10/21/11
to efloraofindia
I photographed this bush with very tiny purple flowers ,in wild, @  Pune on 20 th Oct 11.
Plz provide Id.

Thanks
Neha S

DSCN2609.JPG
DSCN2611.JPG
DSCN2614.JPG
Flowers.JPG
habitat.JPG

Nidhan Singh

Oct 21, 2011, 10:37:07 AM10/21/11
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia

Hi,
This should be Boerhaavia diffusa, and I believe this should not be a bush, it is a straggling herb.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Satish Phadke

Oct 21, 2011, 12:15:57 PM10/21/11
to Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Yes Boerhavia species. I have also captured this recently. Fruits are needed for species ID
'Punarnava' पुनर्नवा Medicinal I think.
Family : Nyctaginaceae
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Vijayasankar

Oct 21, 2011, 12:20:38 PM10/21/11
to Satish Phadke, Neha Singh, efloraofindia
Agree with you all. This is Boerhavia diffusa, popularly called as 'Punarnava' (i think its a Sanskrit name). Tamil name is 'Mookirattai'

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Ushadi micromini

Oct 21, 2011, 9:43:03 PM10/21/11
to efloraofindia
good for renal insufficiency cases, works wonders...
witnessed many cases...
when used by a well trained and Intuitive (read: LONG practice
duration and good basic medicine training) Vaidya... with modern
degree.... and a well motivated patient (and family that supports the
patient... you need that even for Allopathic therapies including
hemodialysis, not easy to be a renal insufficiency patient) ..

usha di
==

On Oct 21, 9:20 pm, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agree with you all. This is Boerhavia diffusa, popularly called as
> 'Punarnava' (i think its a Sanskrit name). Tamil name is 'Mookirattai'
>
> Regards
>
> Vijayasankar Raman
> National Center for Natural Products Research
> University of Mississippi
>
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Yes *Boerhavia *species. I have also captured this recently. Fruits are
> > needed for species ID
> > 'Punarnava' पुनर्नवा Medicinal I think.
> > Family : Nyctaginaceae

Neha Singh

Oct 22, 2011, 3:04:23 AM10/22/11
to Vijayasankar, Satish Phadke, efloraofindia, Nidhan Singh

Thank you all for Id.
I will specifically photograph it's fruits and post it.
Thanks Nidhan Sir for correcting me.. it is a herb.