Salix tetrasperma

Satish Phadke

Nov 11, 2009, 8:36:30 AM11/11/09
to indiantreepix Indian
The Salicaceae member from Maharashtra Salix tetrasperma.
For last four years I am observing the Salix tetrasperma trees flowering exactly in first fortnight of November.
I was on way to Mahabaleshwar on 7th Nov 09. In Wai on the banks of Krishna river large number of these trees are present. Here are some glimpses.
Dr Satish Phadke
Salix tetrasperma1.jpg
Salix tetrasperma2.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 11, 2009, 8:44:48 AM11/11/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
It is nice to know that Salix tetrasperma has started flowering in Maharashtra. I will have to wait up to February in Delhi to click it. It is not yet in my collection.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor

Swagat

Nov 11, 2009, 9:34:08 AM11/11/09
to Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Dear all,

'Salix tetrasperma' is called 'Walunj' 'वाळुंज' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568