Tree for ID 060708

1 view

kaysat tiwari

Jul 6, 2008, 12:01:25 PM7/6/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
This tree was photographed in Bandhavgarh NTl Pk. Its leaves are as big as of Teak, Tectona grandis, and height of the tree is about 20 mtrs.
I could not find any ref in the books available with me on trees.
Request for ID.
Thanks.
Satyendra

--
Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader

kaysat tiwari

Jul 6, 2008, 12:04:13 PM7/6/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
This tree was photographed in Bandhavgarh NTl Pk. Its leaves are as big as of Teak, Tectona grandis, and height of the tree is about 20 mtrs.
I could not find any ref in the books available with me on trees.
Request for ID.
Thanks.
Satyendra
ps- Pic did not go last time so sending this again.
Tree for ID- 060708_DSC2186.jpg
Tree for ID-060708_DSC2187 copy.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 6, 2008, 11:05:11 PM7/6/08
to kaysat tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
Looks like Dillenia indica (Syn. D. speciosa). Here are some data & links from Indiantreepix Database:
Dillenia indica (Syn. D. speciosa)   Dilleniaceae Chalta, Elephant apple, Large-flowered delinia, Girnar or Hondapara tree I have records of its flowering in early July'07 at Narenderpur near in Kolkata. Trees of Delhi- Does not flower here. Beautiful Trees & Shrubs of Calcutta- flowers mostly in rainy season (June-August). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dillenia_indica Chalta/ Elephant Apple/ Hondapara tree (Dillenia indica syn. D.speciosa) - indiantreepix | Google Groups Elephant Apple - Dillenia indica http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Dilleniaceae/Dillenia_indica.html

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

Nudrat

Jul 7, 2008, 1:41:22 AM7/7/08
to indiantreepix
The tree is Dillenia indica of Dilleniaceae

On Jul 7, 8:05 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like *Dillenia indica (Syn. D. speciosa*). Here are some data & links
> from Indiantreepix Database:
> *Dillenia indica (Syn. D. speciosa) * *Dilleniaceae* *Chalta,
> Elephant apple, Large-flowered delinia, Girnar or Hondapara tree* I have
> records of its flowering in early July'07 at Narenderpur near in Kolkata. Trees
> of Delhi- Does not flower here. Beautiful Trees & Shrubs of Calcutta-
> flowers mostly in rainy season (June-August).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dillenia_indicaChalta/ Elephant Apple/
> Hondapara tree (Dillenia indica syn. D.speciosa) - indiantreepix | Google
> Groups<http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/9...>
> Elephant
> Apple - Dillenia indica <http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/elephant_apple.htm>http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Dilleniaceae/Dillenia_indica.html
>

> On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 9:34 PM, kaysat tiwari <kaysat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> > This tree was photographed in Bandhavgarh NTl Pk. Its leaves are as big as
> > of Teak, Tectona grandis, and height of the tree is about 20 mtrs.
> > I could not find any ref in the books available with me on trees.
> > Request for ID.
> > Thanks.
> > Satyendra
> > ps- Pic did not go last time so sending this again.
>
> > --
> > Satyendra K.Tiwari.
> > Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader
> > H.NO <http://h.no/> 139, P.O.Tala, Distt Umariya.
> > M.P. India 484-661
> > 00-91-7627-265309 or 09425331209
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
> "We often ignore the beauty around us"
> For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group
> (Indiantreepix)http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

Madhuri Pejaver

Jul 7, 2008, 11:04:31 AM7/7/08
to kaysat tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
i feel it is Karmal plant, leaves of about 1 to 2 feet in sise
madhuri

Madhuri Pejaver

Jul 7, 2008, 11:07:51 AM7/7/08
to kaysat tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com