Climber ID | 15Sep2011AR01 from Chunchankatte

Skip to the first unread message

raghu ananth

15 Sept 2011, 6:49:20 am15/09/11
to efloraofindia
Date/Time-
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-
Chunchankatte
, Mysore Dist

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Wild, Bottom - Hill rock.
lant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Climber
Height/Length-approx - No data
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape -
Elliptic, Acute,
12
cms
 approx , ~Horizontal nerves
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-Not present
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- Milky, 9cms approx

Regards
Raghu
DSC_5751 Fruit.jpg
DSC_5752 Leaf2.jpg
DSC_5752 Leaf1.jpg
DSC_5752 Plant.jpg

Mahadeswara

15 Sept 2011, 8:11:53 am15/09/11
to efloraofindia
Asclepiadaceae member.

On Sep 15, 3:49 pm, raghu ananth <raghu_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Date/Time-24 Jul 2011
> Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Chunchankatte, Mysore Dist
> Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Wild, Bottom - Hill rock.
> Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Climber
> Height/Length-approx - No data
> Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape - Elliptic, Acute, 12cms approx , ~Horizontal nerves
> Inflorescence Type/ Size-
> Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-Not present
> Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- Milky, 9cms approx
>
> Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.-
>
> Regards
> Raghu
>
>  DSC_5751 Fruit.jpg
> 225KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_5752 Leaf2.jpg
> 249KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_5752 Leaf1.jpg
> 228KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_5752 Plant.jpg
> 225KViewDownload

promila chaturvedi

15 Sept 2011, 8:51:41 am15/09/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Looks like some Ficus species.
Promila

Neil Soares

15 Sept 2011, 1:06:03 pm15/09/11
to efloraofindia, raghu ananth
Hi,
 This is the Wax-leaved Climber [Cryptolepis buchanani]. My photographs taken at my farm at Shahapur for comparison.
                     With regards,
                       Neil Soares.

15 Sept 2011, 1:54:15 pm15/09/11
to raghu ananth, efloraofindia, Neil Soares

Yes I agree with Neil ji that this is Cryptolepis buchananii (please note the spelling) the new name of this species is Cryptolepis dubia (Burm.f.) M.R.Almeida of  Apocynaceae family.

Regards,
Giby
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Mahadeswara

16 Sept 2011, 12:07:31 am16/09/11
to efloraofindia
Neilji is correct. It is Cryptolepis buchananii of
Asclepiadaceae( new name Cryptolepis dubia as provided by Gibi ji)

On Sep 15, 3:49 pm, raghu ananth <raghu_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Date/Time-24 Jul 2011
> Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Chunchankatte, Mysore Dist
> Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Wild, Bottom - Hill rock.
> Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Climber
> Height/Length-approx - No data
> Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape - Elliptic, Acute, 12cms approx , ~Horizontal nerves
> Inflorescence Type/ Size-
> Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-Not present
> Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- Milky, 9cms approx
>
> Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.-
>
> Regards
> Raghu

Neil Soares

16 Sept 2011, 3:38:36 am16/09/11
to raghu ananth, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Thank you Dr.Giby. As rightly pointed out by you, Dr.Almeida in his 'Flora of Maharashtra' Vol. 3A, has changed the name to Crytolepis dubia [but he also spells the old name as C.buchanani - which is anyway much of a muchness now].
                      Regards,
                       Neil Soares.

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Wild, Bottom - Hill rock.
lant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Climber
Height/Length-approx - No data
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape -
Elliptic, Acute,
12
cms
 approx , ~Horizontal nerves
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-Not present
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- Milky, 9cms approx

Regards
Raghu
Wax-leaved Climber, Cryptolepis buchanani 1.jpg
Cryptolepis buchanani,Dudh-vel 2.jpg

raghu ananth

16 Sept 2011, 6:46:30 am16/09/11
to Neil Soares, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Thank you Dr Neil/Giby for the climber ID - Crytolepis dubia / C.buchananii

Will post another milky weed plant next.. probably related to this one.

Regards
Raghu

16 Sept 2011, 7:05:38 am16/09/11
to efloraofindia
Not sure if its a weed.
.. Pls read.it as ... Milk weed family member ..or ..woody climber

Regards

Dr. Shiddamallayya Mathapati

19 Sept 2011, 5:19:06 am19/09/11
to Raghu, efloraofindia
My pcontribution
--
Dr. Shiddamallayya N,
Survey of Medicinal Plant Unit

Madhava Murari Das

4 Mar 2019, 8:18:20 pm04/03/19
to efloraofindia
is this plants also the same as has been identified in this thread. the flowers look a little different.

IMG_20190303_234320_469.jpg

IMG_20190303_234320_470.jpg

Mahadeswara

6 Mar 2019, 6:58:01 am06/03/19
to efloraofindia
This plant looks like Vallaris solanaceae ( Bread flower)  ?

J.M. Garg

6 Mar 2019, 6:58:16 am06/03/19
to efloraofindia, Santhan P, madhavmu...@gmail.com
The climber is Vallaris solanacea- from Santhan ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

Madhava Murari Das

6 Mar 2019, 12:40:02 pm06/03/19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
yes. resolved. thanks
Regards,
Madhav Murari Das

ecovillage.org.in

J.M. Garg

6 Mar 2019, 1:31:50 pm06/03/19
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, madhavmu...@gmail.com
Thanks, Mahadeswara ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Ushadi Micromini

7 Mar 2019, 1:25:09 am07/03/19
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, Madhava Murari Das
yes
" Botany, uses, phytochemistry and pharmacology of Vallaris: A short review" (title of paper)
sending it in so we will have it
usha di

--
Usha di
===========

Madhava Murari Das

7 Mar 2019, 2:03:58 am07/03/19
to Ushadi Micromini, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for the reference of the biochemistry paper.
Is there any reference paper on traditional use of this plant for medicinal purposes?

Regards,
Madhav Murari Das

ecovillage.org.in

Ushadi Micromini

7 Mar 2019, 3:26:40 pm07/03/19
to Madhava Murari Das, efloraofindia
the internet is such a good source and google a treasure
my  guru  always says: search seek and you will find god
similarly .....
similarly a teacher would say search google seek and you will find the answers
good luck

usha di
--
Usha di