30042011 PJ1 ID request

Skip to the first unread message

PUTTARAJU K

30 Apr 2011, 10:42:15 am30/04/11
to indiantreepix

 Dear All,

Please see attached climber specially seen fruiting  in the month of March-May. You can witness both ripe & unripe fruit which is dark purple and green in colour respectively.  ID requested.

Date/Time-: 30/04/11   -     08:30

Location- Place, Altitude - Kaiga , Uttar Kannada ,Karnataka, 380 mtrs

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-    Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb - Climber

Height/Length- 20m
--
With Regards,
PUTTARAJU K,

Neil Soares

30 Apr 2011, 1:03:15 pm30/04/11
to indiantreepix, PUTTARAJU K
Hi,
 This is Gendal [Cissus repanda]. Please check the archives of this group for my photographs of this.
                         Regards,
                          Neil Soares.

Ushadi micromini

1 May 2011, 4:42:13 am01/05/11
to efloraofindia
Dear All: This plant I do not know, but in Bengal (native of
Bengal) .... what we call Gendal or gandalpata, is totally different,
Paederia foetida L.,
or the skunk wine which is considered to be a weed in many parts of
the world including Hawaii...

does this gendal that you have shown have other indian names? that can
be popularized???
thanks, Usha di

On Apr 30, 10:03 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  This is Gendal [Cissus repanda]. Please check the archives of this group for my photographs of this.
>                          Regards,
>                           Neil Soares.

Dinesh Valke

1 May 2011, 5:40:37 am01/05/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
... some more common names ... wavy-leaved cissus • Assamese: medmedia-lop • Hindi: पानी बेल pani bel • Manipuri: খোংঙৌযেন kongngouyen • Marathi: गेंदळ gendal

Regards.
Dinesh

ushadi Micromini

1 May 2011, 11:13:30 am01/05/11