Dillenia pentagyna

J.M. Garg

Jun 28, 2008, 10:27:06 AM6/28/08
to indiantreepix
I hope the Id is correct. In March'07 at Jayanti, Duars, West Bengal. It was such a lovely sight in the forest with total yellow-look without leaves.
Here is a link with a little details: http://ecocrop.fao.org/ecocrop/srv/en/cropView?id=5343
Here is a Wikipedia to its Genus: http://static.wikipedia.org/new/wikipedia/en/articles/d/i/l/Dillenia.html
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

satish phadke

Jun 28, 2008, 10:35:36 AM6/28/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Hi Gargji
Very nice pictures.Liked the red coloured peduncles of the flowers.The typical arrangement of the stigma is indicative of Dilleniaceae family.The flowering pattern is also indicative....summer season ..tree full of flowers and no leaves.
It is Dillenia pentagyna
Satish
--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/