Flowering trees in delhi--Neem(Azadirachta indica)

vinod kumar gupta

Apr 24, 2008, 2:41:00 PM4/24/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
A very common tree presently flowering

Vinod

neem_azadirachta indica_delhi_386_200408.jpg
neem_azadirachta-indica2_delhi_386_20408.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 25, 2008, 3:07:04 AM4/25/08
to vinod kumar gupta, indian...@googlegroups.com
I visited my native place Hodal, Distt. Faridabad, Haryana recently where we have a Neem tree. Oh! what lovely scents like that of Chameli, these flowers were spreading all around particularly in the evenings & at night! I had a close look at it's flowers & though small they were so lovely.
Here are details & links from Indiantreepix Database:
Azadirachta indica (Syn. Melia azadirachta, Antelaea azadirachta) Meliaceae Neem, Margosa, Neeb, Nimtree, Nimba, Vepu, Vempu, Vepa, Bevu, Veppam, Aarya Veppu, Indian-lilac Last week flowering in Delhi- 26/3/08- Rita ji. Started flowering- 25/3/08- Pune- Satish ji. Flowering on 7/4/07 in Kolkata- flowering seen in Kolkata on 4/4/08- J.M.Garg.Flowering observed in Pune- March last fortnight- Satish ji.

Trees of Delhi- Flowers in second week of April, peaking in the fourth week. Neem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Azadirachta india - indiantreepix | Google Groups

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

vijay kiyawat

Apr 25, 2008, 9:28:54 AM4/25/08
to J.M. Garg, vinod kumar gupta, indian...@googlegroups.com
neem scent is intoxicating to me and it reminds me of the childhood. not many people know that the flowers of neem have such exotic scent! neem is in full bloom these days in delhi. the other scent in delhi that one experiences is that of lebbek tree flowers.
-vijay kiyawat

satish phadke

Apr 25, 2008, 11:42:04 AM4/25/08
to vijay kiyawat, J.M. Garg, vinod kumar gupta, indian...@googlegroups.com
Neem tree flowering is over in Pune ......few last flowers were visible till last week or so.
Satish
--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/