Flowering trees in delhi--Neem(Azadirachta indica)

Skip to first unread message

vinod kumar gupta

unread,
Apr 24, 2008, 2:41:00 PM4/24/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
A very common tree presently flowering

Vinod

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.
neem_azadirachta indica_delhi_386_200408.jpg
neem_azadirachta-indica2_delhi_386_20408.jpg

J.M. Garg

unread,
Apr 25, 2008, 3:07:04 AM4/25/08
to vinod kumar gupta, indian...@googlegroups.com
I visited my native place Hodal, Distt. Faridabad, Haryana recently where we have a Neem tree. Oh! what lovely scents like that of Chameli, these flowers were spreading all around particularly in the evenings & at night! I had a close look at it's flowers & though small they were so lovely.
Here are details & links from Indiantreepix Database:
Azadirachta indica (Syn. Melia azadirachta, Antelaea azadirachta) Meliaceae Neem, Margosa, Neeb, Nimtree, Nimba, Vepu, Vempu, Vepa, Bevu, Veppam, Aarya Veppu, Indian-lilac Last week flowering in Delhi- 26/3/08- Rita ji. Started flowering- 25/3/08- Pune- Satish ji. Flowering on 7/4/07 in Kolkata- flowering seen in Kolkata on 4/4/08- J.M.Garg.Flowering observed in Pune- March last fortnight- Satish ji.

Trees of Delhi- Flowers in second week of April, peaking in the fourth week. Neem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Azadirachta india - indiantreepix | Google Groups

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

vijay kiyawat

unread,
Apr 25, 2008, 9:28:54 AM4/25/08
to J.M. Garg, vinod kumar gupta, indian...@googlegroups.com
neem scent is intoxicating to me and it reminds me of the childhood. not many people know that the flowers of neem have such exotic scent! neem is in full bloom these days in delhi. the other scent in delhi that one experiences is that of lebbek tree flowers.
-vijay kiyawat

satish phadke

unread,
Apr 25, 2008, 11:42:04 AM4/25/08
to vijay kiyawat, J.M. Garg, vinod kumar gupta, indian...@googlegroups.com
Neem tree flowering is over in Pune ......few last flowers were visible till last week or so.
Satish
--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages