TDS - on Salaries and Rent

akg

Feb 26, 2010, 5:30:29 AM2/26/10
to IndianTax
My friend is filing his returns as a proprietor of a business.

He is paying a monthly rent of Rs.18000.00 to an individual. His
annual business turnover is Rs.20 lakhs.

Does he have to deduct TDS on rent?.

rams

Mar 1, 2010, 7:31:52 AM3/1/10
to IndianTax
if he is using for business purpose he can claim 100%
no
s.ramalingam

Nagendra Sagara

Mar 1, 2010, 9:14:47 AM3/1/10
to IndianTax
No, he need not deduct the TDS on rent. For Individuals if their total
turnover during the immediately preceding financial year is less than
Rs.40 lakhs then he need not deduct TDS on Rent paid.

with regards,
nagendra

NK

Mar 1, 2010, 11:26:21 PM3/1/10
to IndianTax
Dear AKG,
Since the annual rent payable by your friend crosses Rs.1,20,000.00.
He was supposed to deduct TDS @ 15.45% from Apr09 to Sept09 . Then
later on he has to deduct @ 10% from Oct 09 to Mar 10.

NK, CIS

Ashok Ghosh

Mar 2, 2010, 3:10:11 PM3/2/10
to indi...@googlegroups.com
Sir,
The rate of tax after Sept/09 is 20%.

vivender duggal

Mar 3, 2010, 5:56:00 AM3/3/10
to indi...@googlegroups.com
No, as his turnover is less then Rs. 40 lacs and he is individual.

regards,

V.K. duggal

> Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 02:30:29 -0800
> Subject: [IndianTax] TDS - on Salaries and Rent
> From: akg...@gmail.com
> To: indi...@googlegroups.com
> --

Where to invest money? Visit MSN Money Special for tax, loans, insurance, realty and savings related recommendations Sign up now.