Travel Queries-US & UK

vaibhav kalra

Apr 23, 2009, 5:09:01 AM4/23/09
to Indians in Toulouse
Hi all,

I know that French donot need a tourist visa for niether UK or USA.

Is an Indian student (me) with his/her carte de sejour entitled to the
same? or do I have to apply for seperate visas?

Bests
Vaibhav

kaushik kumar

Apr 23, 2009, 5:13:41 AM4/23/09
to vaibhav kalra, Indians in Toulouse
Hi Vaibhav

You require a seperate visa to travel to UK and USA and you wont be able to do the
same with your carte de sejour

for UK visas visit

http://ukinfrance.fco.gov.uk/en/visas/

you can apply for the visa at  their centers at Bordeaux or Paris

for US visa visit

http://france.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

regards

kaushik

Mohit MITRA

Apr 23, 2009, 5:17:43 AM4/23/09
to Indians in Toulouse, vaibhav kalra
Hi dude,

You can check you official embassy websites for this info.

I think you already KNOW the answer!!
because your carte de séjour doesn't make you French... so you will not be entitled to any of their priveleges.

As for separate visas, If you think UK and US are the same then you don't need a separate visa!!

Ask yourself, I have an Australian Visa, can I go to South Africa too or I need a separate visa??

Cheers!!

Thangasivam

Apr 23, 2009, 5:21:20 AM4/23/09
to Indians in Toulouse, vaibhav kalra, Mohit MITRA
Hi,
For UK, you need to submit all the required documents through an agency (in Bordeaux) who verify the documents. You need to be there in person to give biometric data (mainly fingerprints). Most of the application processes are online.

For USA,
quite similar to UK . . .apply online, pay online, produce documents / biometric data during interview at paris. no agency in between.

Sivam

vaibhav kalra

Apr 23, 2009, 5:24:37 AM4/23/09
to Indians in Toulouse
Thanx all,

Mohit: I know carte de sejour doesnt make me a French, but i know a
brazillian also who traveled to UK just on his carte de sejour. That
is why I started this thread, because it got me wondering !!!!!!!
Also Brazil does not have visa waver agreement with US.

Thanx for all the replies
Best
Vaibhav

Thangasivam wrote:
> Hi,
> For UK, you need to submit all the required documents through an agency (in
> Bordeaux) who verify the documents. You need to be there in person to give
> biometric data (mainly fingerprints). Most of the application processes are
> online.
>
> For USA,
> quite similar to UK . . .apply online, pay online, produce documents /
> biometric data during interview at paris. no agency in between.
>
> Sivam
>

> 2009/4/23 Mohit MITRA <richu...@yahoo.com>
>
> > Hi dude,
> >
> > You can check you official embassy websites for this info.
> >
> > I think you already KNOW the answer!!
> > because your carte de séjour doesn't make you French... so you will not beentitled to any of their priveleges.

kris

Apr 23, 2009, 7:22:05 AM4/23/09
to Indians in Toulouse
hi friends,

I would like to give my experience here, it might be useful to all. My
lab mate wanted me to help him in applying for a UK visa (He is from
algeria), so after filling the application on line and paid fees
(again on line), we found that appointment is available only after 3
months in all the three places (Borde, paris and etc). There is no
option to visit without appointment. So he did not process because he
wanted to attend the conference next month. Then we sent a fax to the
embossy to return the fees and was returned later. (I really wonder
why it is like this; In India i can go to VFS chennai without
appointment any day and submit my application. To get visa for me to
UK it took only 5 days). Can any one answer for this situtation?

Regards
Krishnaraj

On 23 avr, 11:24, vaibhav kalra <kalra.vaib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanx all,
>
> Mohit: I know carte de sejour doesnt make me a French, but i know a
> brazillian also who traveled to UK just on his carte de sejour. That
> is why I started this thread, because it got me wondering !!!!!!!
> Also Brazil does not have visa waver agreement with US.
>
> Thanx for all the replies
> Best
> Vaibhav
>

> Thangasivam wrote:
> > Hi,
> > For UK, you need to submit all the required documents through an agency (in
> > Bordeaux) who verify the documents. You need to be there in person to give
> > biometric data (mainly fingerprints). Most of the application processes are
> > online.
>
> > For USA,
> > quite similar to UK . . .apply online, pay online, produce documents /
> > biometric data during interview at paris. no agency in between.
>
> > Sivam
>
> > 2009/4/23 Mohit MITRA <richuru...@yahoo.com>
>
> > >  Hi dude,
>
> > > You can check you official embassy websites for this info.
>
> > > I think you already KNOW the answer!!
> > > because your carte de séjour doesn't make you French... so you will not beentitled to any of their priveleges.
>
> > > As for separate visas, If you think UK and US are the same then you don't
> > > need a separate visa!!
>
> > > Ask yourself, I have an Australian Visa, can I go to South Africa too or I
> > > need a separate visa??
>
> > > Cheers!!

Laxman Chauhan

Apr 23, 2009, 7:29:24 AM4/23/09
to kris, Indians in Toulouse
The answer is that you are not in India !!

Prashant B

Apr 23, 2009, 7:30:19 AM4/23/09
to kris, Indians in Toulouse
       As far as I know, my friends from here applied for UK visas from time to time. All they did was to submit their applications online and then get a date in a nearby consulate. It was quite fast. I remember them getting the visas stamped in one month. Yes although it takes some time. Sometimes the appointment may not be available. I am speaking about consulate in Marseille

Regards,
Prashant