internet connection for few months

Sree

Mar 20, 2009, 3:13:27 AM3/20/09
to Indians in Toulouse
Good morning!
I am looking at the different options given in
http://sites.google.com/site/indiansintoulouse/toulouse-city/tv-phone-and-internet

Anyone knows which would be the best option for internet connection
for about 6 months. I guess normally they ask for 1 or 2 yr contract,
so any experience with short term contract? any suggestion?

thanks in advance
Sreejith

Yogesh Parte

Mar 20, 2009, 6:42:36 AM3/20/09
to Indians in Toulouse
Hello!
As far as my knowledge goes, in the nuef box offer there is no stipulated minimum period of subscription. There is some fixed amount which you will have to pay when you stop the subscription and opt out of the service.

Unfortunately there are no clear criteria based on which one can say that one service is better than other. Each one of them have some advantages and some short-comings. You will have to call these different "box" people, enquire and then decide yourself about the best option as per your requirements.

If you need only Internet access, you can think of subscribing to WI-FI service by paying to private network if you have WI-FI enabled laptop/computer. Here are few links,
http://www.wifirst.fr/
http://wifi.sfr.fr/offre-wifi/achat-sessions/
http://www.orange-wifi.com/fr/offres.htm

Just see if any of these WI-FI "hot spots" are available in your area.
Junta, you can add to this list of WI-FI if you know some other sources/sites as it will help us develop database.

with regards,
YP
====

Mohit MITRA

Mar 20, 2009, 6:51:15 AM3/20/09
to Yogesh Parte, Indians in Toulouse
Hello,

Considering Internet connection, I would suggest chosing between Neuf, Free or Orange.
Neuf and Free have a huge advantage as they now offer free calling to landlines in India.
Orange has a good after sales service but is 10 euros more expensive than any other operator and india calling is not free!!

almost all operators have a minimum subscription period of 1 year, except neuf which has no subscription but cancelling fees, but are reduced as the time goes by, so it comes to almost the same.
In your case you should be worried about cancellign your contract if you are planning to leave France after 6 months as that is a valid clause of cancelling any contract, TV, mobile or the net. no problems about that.. just the fact that you need to prove that you are leaving :)

So in my opnion neuf and free are good. numericable is a cheap and decent option if you dont want the landline! because then it becomes 10 euros cheaper and sometimes numericable forgets to charge you, this is not a joke .. a friend of mine has been hired to solve this problem ;)

Ankit, how about putting this info as well as they info about cycles by yogesh bhai on the site ??

see you!!

BIBHUPRASAD MISHRA

Mar 20, 2009, 8:26:04 AM3/20/09
to Mohit MITRA, Yogesh Parte, Indians in Toulouse
hello, everybody. i have the SFR neufbox connection. As was said by Mr.Yogesh that it s the cheapest & yes, it s the cheapest of all the services available in France & the charge is 29.90 € & for Orange, it s 43.90 €.. The SFR Neufbox offer includes Internet,telephone & TV. Calls to landlines in India r free.But, sometimes, the neufbox gives problems i.e. to say that the connection does not work for few days but nevertheless, the technical service s prompt.the connection s delivered to ur place less than a week.regards.

Mrugesh Chauhan

Mar 20, 2009, 8:41:57 AM3/20/09
to Indians in Toulouse
Just a small correction :

- Freebox/SFR/Alice/Neuf/DartyBox and all of them provide same services at same rate.

- Only Orange looks expensive for all these services. And numericable cheap but when used only for internet.

IMP : Please check whether your appartment falls under "Degroupment totale". If not, then all equations will change. You may end up paying more.

Enjoy surfing,
Mru

Freebox also provides all options at same price as that of SFR and Neufbox.

The service is comfortable. But only problem with Freebox could be while sending the box back to them. For SFR/Neuf/Orange, I think you could give it in their boutiques (To be confirmed)

2009/3/20 BIBHUPRASAD MISHRA <mishra.bi...@gmail.com>

--
"Gravity doesn't exist. Earth sucks."

Sree

Mar 20, 2009, 8:54:22 AM3/20/09
to Indians in Toulouse
Thanks a lot for all suggestions. i may try wi-fi or neuf then.
could some one tell me where in i can find the neuf shop or office for
getting details. perhaps somewhere near any metro station?
thanks
Sreejith

On Mar 20, 1:41 pm, Mrugesh Chauhan <mrugesh.chau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a small correction :
>
> - Freebox/SFR/Alice/Neuf/DartyBox and all of them provide same services at
> same rate.
>
> - Only Orange looks expensive for all these services. And numericable cheap
> but when used only for internet.
>
> *IMP : Please check whether your appartment falls under "Degroupment
> totale". If not, then all equations will change. You may end up paying more.
> *
>
> Enjoy surfing,
> Mru
>
> Freebox also provides all options at same price as that of SFR and Neufbox.
>
> The service is comfortable. But only problem with Freebox could be while
> sending the box back to them. For SFR/Neuf/Orange, I think you could give it
> in their boutiques (To be confirmed)
>
> 2009/3/20 BIBHUPRASAD MISHRA <mishra.bibhupra...@gmail.com>
>

> > hello, everybody. i have the SFR neufbox connection. As was said by
> > Mr.Yogesh that it s the cheapest & yes, it s the cheapest of all the
> > services available in France & the charge is 29.90 € & for Orange, it s
> > 43.90 €.. The SFR Neufbox offer includes Internet,telephone & TV. Calls to
> > landlines in India r free.But, sometimes, the neufbox gives problems i.e. to
> > say that the connection does not work for few days but nevertheless, the
> > technical service s prompt.the connection s delivered to ur place less than
> > a week.regards.
>
> > On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Mohit MITRA <richuru...@yahoo.com>wrote:
>
> >> Hello,
>
> >> Considering Internet connection, I would suggest chosing between Neuf,
> >> Free or Orange.
> >> Neuf and Free have a huge advantage as they now offer free calling to
> >> landlines in India.
> >> Orange has a good after sales service but is 10 euros more expensive than
> >> any other operator and india calling is not free!!
>
> >> almost all operators have a minimum subscription period of 1 year, except
> >> neuf which has no subscription but cancelling fees, but are reduced as the
> >> time goes by, so it comes to almost the same.
> >> In your case you should be worried about cancellign your contract if you
> >> are planning to leave France after 6 months as that is a valid clause of
> >> cancelling any contract, TV, mobile or the net. no problems about that..
> >> just the fact that you need to prove that you are leaving :)
>
> >> So in my opnion neuf and free are good. numericable is a cheap and decent
> >> option if you dont want the landline! because then it becomes 10 euros
> >> cheaper and sometimes numericable forgets to charge you, this is not a joke
> >> .. a friend of mine has been hired to solve this problem ;)
>
> >> Ankit, how about putting this info as well as they info about cycles by
> >> yogesh bhai on the site ??
>
> >> see you!!

BIBHUPRASAD MISHRA

Mar 20, 2009, 9:14:01 AM3/20/09
to Sree, Indians in Toulouse
hi. u can find the SFR neufbox shop next to the métro station Capitole.As u get out of the métro station of the Capitole, walk towards the La Poste & on the same side, u can find BUT BUT BUT there s another shop next to place de wilson in Jean Jaurés where there s a SFR neufbox shop & there s an INDIAN salesman available in that shop !!!! his name s Mr. Ravi & his contact no. s 06.18.83.84.05. bonne courage.