InDesign vs InPage for Urdu

Michael Collie

Feb 28, 2017, 5:00:38 PM2/28/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends

Does anyone have experience using MENA (Middle East and North African languages) editions of InDesign for composing books in Urdu?

While conducting training for publishers in Lahore I learned to use InPage.

http://www.inpage.com/

InPage is straightforward, robust and easy to use but lacks features such as character styles and running headers.

I am reluctant to steer my Indian and Pakistni friends away from this standard and ubiquitous tool. However, it is difficult to remain silent while watching someone compose a 1600 page dictionary without running headers.

Cheers,

Michael collie