Incanter submodules branch

liebke

Dec 26, 2009, 1:01:59 PM12/26/09
to Incanter
Thanks to the fantastic work of Alex Ott, we have a modularized
version of Incanter. We've created a new branch, called submodules,
for testing the new build before merging to master.

Check it out here:
http://github.com/liebke/incanter/tree/submodules

You can add this branch to your clone of Incanter with the following
git command from your incanter directory:

$ git --track submodules origin/submodules
$ git checkout submodules

To build everything, the procedure is the same as before: mvn install

The jar files containing all of Incanter's dependencies are now found
in incanter-bundle/target.

But now you can also get jars containing only a subset of libraries.
Libraries are grouped into components based on their dependencies. For
instance, the incanter-core component, only depends on Clojure,
Clojure-contrib, and Parallel Colt.

Here's a list of the new sub-compoents:
incanter-core
incanter-charts
incanter-processing
incanter-io
incanter-chrono

Each component can be built independently by running mvn from its sub-
directory.

I want people to give the new build a try while we clean up a few
things before merging it into master.

David

dysinger

Dec 26, 2009, 1:43:02 PM12/26/09
to Incanter
Awesome. We did this on our project a few months ago and never looked
back.

liebke

Jan 1, 2010, 9:24:17 PM1/1/10
to Incanter
I merged the submodules branch with master a couple days ago, so if
anybody runs into any problems with the new build structure, or
discovers out of date build instructions, please let me know.

The autodoc system had to be turned off until Tom can add support for
projects that have multiple source directories.

Also, I'm looking for advice on uploading each of Incanter's modules
to Clojars; the problem is each has two pom files associated with it,
and I'm not sure of the procedure for dealing with this on Clojars
(and the email I sent to Alex Osborne a couple days ago just bounced
back).

Happy New Year!

David