Security Option in Advanced Theme

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

May 24, 2010, 4:25:25 PM5/24/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

  platform/members_list  shoudln't be accessible to all logged user by default, don't you think so?

Phil.

Dmitry Andrejev

May 24, 2010, 4:28:59 PM5/24/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

It's purely project specific - you are welcome to remove it. It's there so site owner can customize as needed.

DA.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

May 24, 2010, 4:52:09 PM5/24/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dmitry,

I understand this, but this -usefull and clean- project specific template is included in standard distribution. Cool, but an average admin is not aware of this feature, which I bet is present in most online website until now, and nowhere we welcome owner to remove/protect it. This file should be accessible only intentionally by users belonging to admin group... Don't you think so?

Phil.

Dmitry Andrejev

May 24, 2010, 5:04:25 PM5/24/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Phil,

I understand your point and still believe that webmaster who is building the website should work with the theme. Advanced theme is called advanced since it has most of the tags. Users must be logged in to see that page. It would be an issue if ANY one could see the page which is not the case now. There is NO single good solution for everyone in this case no matter how you look at it, plus NO point of trying to automate it anyhow - just waste of time.

I hope this explain my point of view.

DA.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

May 24, 2010, 5:34:06 PM5/24/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I understand, it was an idea for the community, but all my thought can't be good :)

Dmitry Andrejev

May 24, 2010, 5:37:31 PM5/24/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
No worries - thanks for your opinion!

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

May 25, 2010, 4:00:10 AM5/25/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
vBulletin also has such page, that allows you to explore other user profiles.
--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

May 25, 2010, 4:29:17 AM5/25/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
forum user's list probably don't have the same value and importance as a community/online shop/any online business user's list, that was my thinking behind this, protect commercial assets ^-^

Alexander Obuhovich

Jun 10, 2010, 2:53:36 PM6/10/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
We have invented <inp2:m_Redirect .../> tag in 5.1.0 release. This tag can be used to perform redirect to home page, when In-Commerce is installed and user visits user list template, that you talk about.

Dmitry Andrejev

Jun 10, 2010, 5:04:17 PM6/10/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Thanks correct - new tag can be used for that and other things.

DA.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Jun 10, 2010, 6:40:37 PM6/10/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com