Weird info in Mailing List Management Panel

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Feb 2, 2011, 5:36:00 AM2/2/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I use the mailing list function with inportal 510, and I have the following info in the management panel (please see attached pic).
Could someone explain me all these numbers?
  • All lists are in "partially processed" status
  • "queue" show the total email in the targeted group
  • "sent" count is over the number of recipients
  • what "total" is about?
I didn't posted in bug because I though there's maybe a trick, then at least we need a serious refactoring here to understand how the things are going on !

Phil.
Capture.PNG

Alexander Obuhovich

Feb 2, 2011, 9:21:30 AM2/2/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
"Sent" larger, then "Total" is really weird.

I'll explain a bit how it should work:
  1. you add new mailing list and select "Subscribers" group to receive it
  2. agent #1 (from cron) scans that "Subscribers" group to see how much users there is and sets "Total" field once
  3. agent #1 (from cron) gets 10 (from configuration) recipients and creates email in queue and increments "Queued" field (it's incremented for 10 each time agent runs until it reaches Total)
  4. agent #2 (from cron) gets 10 (from configuration) queued emails and sends them and increments "Sent" field each time it does that until all is processed
Based on your picture I can assume, that actual email count, that was sent is larger, then scheduled :(

You can verify that from "Summary & Logs -> Email Logs" section. Emails, associated with email queue should have "Mailing List" column filled (if there is such column).

Can you please try to replicate this on clean install, e.g.
  1. create 15 users
  2. add them to any group
  3. create mailing list for that group
  4. wait for cron agents to be executed OR press "Run" toolbar button on selected agents (has "mailing-list:" in event name)
  5. verify, that: "Queued" <= "Total" (at all times), "Sent" <= "Queued" (at all times), "Queued = Sent = Total" after all is finished.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Feb 2, 2011, 3:50:23 PM2/2/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
"Queued = Sent = Total" after all is finished

Where is the logic here?
  • Queued should go down until 0 - queue is empty when a process ran fine - in computer world at least :-) If I see a big number in the Queue, how can I now when it's about to finish?
  • Sent should grow proportionnally, and become equal with Total at the end
  • What "Total" is about, if it's not the addition of "Queued" + "Sent" ?

Did I forgot something? Or is it just completly not logic - and not understandable?

Alexander Obuhovich

Feb 2, 2011, 5:00:00 PM2/2/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com

You are the second person who is using this section actually.

I'll recheck my caculations again and post again here.

On Feb 2, 2011 10:52 PM, "Phil -- wbtc.fr --" <ph...@wbtc.fr> wrote:
> "Queued = Sent = Total" after all is finished
>
> Where is the logic here?
>
> - Queued should go down until 0 - queue is empty when a process ran fine

> - in computer world at least :-) If I see a big number in the Queue, how can
> I now when it's about to finish?
> - Sent should grow proportionnally, and become equal with Total at the
> end
> - What "Total" is about, if it's not the addition of "Queued" + "Sent" ?

> Did I forgot something? Or is it just completly not logic - and not
> understandable?
>
> 2011/2/2 Alexander Obuhovich <aik....@gmail.com>
>
>> "Sent" larger, then "Total" is really weird.
>>
>> I'll explain a bit how it should work:
>>
>> 1. you add new mailing list and select "Subscribers" group to receive
>> it
>> 2. agent #1 (from cron) scans that "Subscribers" group to see how much
>> users there is and sets "Total" field *once*
>> 3. agent #1 (from cron) gets *10* (from configuration) recipients and

>> creates email in queue and increments "Queued" field (it's incremented for
>> *10 *each time agent runs until it reaches Total)
>> 4. agent #2 (from cron) gets *10 *(from configuration) queued emails

>> and sends them and increments "Sent" field each time it does that until all
>> is processed
>>
>> Based on your picture I can assume, that actual email count, that was sent
>> is larger, then scheduled :(
>>
>> You can verify that from "Summary & Logs -> Email Logs" section. Emails,
>> associated with email queue should have "Mailing List" column filled (if
>> there is such column).
>>

>> Can you please try to replicate this on clean install, e.g.
>>
>> 1. create 15 users
>> 2. add them to any group
>> 3. create mailing list for that group
>> 4. wait for cron agents to be executed OR press "Run" toolbar button on

>> selected agents (has "mailing-list:" in event name)
>> 5. verify, that: "Queued" <= "Total" (at all times), "Sent" <= "Queued"

>> (at all times), "Queued = Sent = Total" after all is finished.
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Phil -- wbtc.fr -- <ph...@wbtc.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I use the mailing list function with inportal 510, and I have the
>>> following info in the management panel (please see attached pic).
>>> Could someone explain me all these numbers?
>>>
>>> - All lists are in "partially processed" status
>>> - "queue" show the total email in the targeted group
>>> - "sent" count is over the number of recipients
>>> - what "total" is about?

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Feb 11, 2011, 3:06:08 PM2/11/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

any news here?

Alexander Obuhovich

Feb 11, 2011, 4:35:38 PM2/11/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Yea, I also want other people to write their ideas here, not only I and Phil.

Dmitry Andrejev

Feb 11, 2011, 5:02:22 PM2/11/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I'll have my test results posted shortly here.

Phil, I did you have a chance to test this on clean install, yet (sorry if I missed that)

DA
--

Best regards,

Dmitry A.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Feb 12, 2011, 2:47:51 AM2/12/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dmitry,

didn't tested on a clean install, but had the same behavior on all my
install... I can do it on beta if needed :)

Dmitry A.

Feb 12, 2011, 12:10:03 PM2/12/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please Phil, test on Beta.

It's critical we/you test on clean installation since we are won't be able to replicate your custom environment.

Thanks.

DA

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Jun 27, 2011, 5:07:12 AM6/27/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I've recently posted news about this problem, may it was lost somewhere, but I can confirm that the problem is still the same in all versions, including tests in latest v512 on beta server.

Do you have the wiling to dig into this? :)