Site domain-based agents

1 view

Alexander Obuhovich

Oct 7, 2010, 7:23:28 AM10/7/10
to In-Portal Development
Add ability to specify which agents are allowed to be run on which site domains.

Site domain should be detected based on domain from config.php file, since CRON (who executes agents) is run from command line and doesn't have ant $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] to match by.

Task: http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=883

Ready for testing.

Maybe we should allow to select only one site domain per agent (now it allows to select several of them).

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com
agent_filter_by_site_domain_v1.patch

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Oct 7, 2010, 9:49:06 AM10/7/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
this is about users oriented agent?

Dmitry A.

Oct 7, 2010, 9:51:12 AM10/7/10
to In-Portal Development Team
Hi Phil,

Do you see this working?

DA.

On Oct 7, 8:49 am, "Phil -- wbtc.fr --" <p...@wbtc.fr> wrote:
> this is about users oriented agent?

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Oct 7, 2010, 9:53:03 AM10/7/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
hi Dmitry,

not exactly :s

Dmitry A.

Oct 7, 2010, 11:15:36 AM10/7/10
to In-Portal Development Team
Sorry Phil, I meant to say "How do you see this working (user
oriented)?"

DA.

On Oct 7, 8:53 am, "Phil -- wbtc.fr --" <p...@wbtc.fr> wrote:
> hi Dmitry,
>
> not exactly :s

Alexander Obuhovich

Oct 7, 2010, 12:30:08 PM10/7/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Potential usage of this feature:
  • you have one in-portal installation, but copied over several servers
  • you got one Agents table with all agents
  • you need to specify which agent will be working on what server
  • all servers are using same database

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Oct 7, 2010, 1:49:47 PM10/7/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
how and why using In Portal on many servers with 1 install?

Please share this functionnality !

Alexander Obuhovich

Oct 7, 2010, 3:58:04 PM10/7/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
That not one database physically, but replicated between several servers. There was such requirements from customer side. That's no matter of public discussion in any case.

I've described a functionality, how you use it is your decision.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Oct 7, 2010, 4:09:25 PM10/7/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
of course no matter of details, but just wanted to understand the case it could be used.

Dmitry, about "user oriented agent", I meant special agents to perform actions for users belonging to one sitedomain only. But my question is maybe not appropriate about agents :)

Alexander Obuhovich

Oct 7, 2010, 4:23:25 PM10/7/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Besides recoding site domain, that user was visiting during registration is as advancement to site domain functionality discussed somewhere else.