Make possible to use "Prev/Next" navigation in sub-item lists

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 2, 2009, 9:32:05 AM12/2/09
to In-Portal Development
Currently "Prev/Next" toolbar buttons only are used in main item edit template. I don't know why, but they are never used on sub-item edit templates. I think, that for this to work we need to call event, that saves selected ids (in grid) from std_edit_temp_item javascript function to store selected ids in session for future navigation and of course place corresponding buttons where needed.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.org
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry

Dec 2, 2009, 6:25:01 PM12/2/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Do we have this utilized anywhere so far?

It's probably good to have this capability. Let's say Images or User Review while editing an Item.

Best Regards,

Dmitry V. Andrejev

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 3, 2009, 3:00:07 AM12/3/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
We tries to use "Prev/Next" buttons on Review editing page in admin, but it didn't work that time, so we decided to remove all "Prev/Next" buttons from sub-item editing templates that time. If this will work this time, then that would be a great news.

Dmitry A.

Dec 4, 2009, 1:32:26 PM12/4/09
to In-Portal Development
Okay, filed a new Feature Request for this (not a bug) since we never
had as functionality before:

435: Enabling "Prev/Next" buttons in sub-Item Grids

http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=435

Let work on this in order it was received.

Cheers

On Dec 3, 2:00 am, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We tries to use "Prev/Next" buttons on Review editing page in admin, but it
> didn't work that time, so we decided to remove all "Prev/Next" buttons from
> sub-item editing templates that time. If this will work this time, then that
> would be a great news.
>

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 1:25 AM, Dmitry <dandre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do we have this utilized anywhere so far?
>
> > It's probably good to have this capability. Let's say Images or User Review
> > while editing an Item.
>
> > --
>
> > --
> > Best Regards,
>
> > Dmitry V. Andrejev

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 19, 2009, 7:12:22 AM12/19/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I've attached a patch, that will create initial functionality. Now we need to find each subitem editing template and place correct prev/next toolbar buttons there. Patch already attached to a task.

prev_next_buttons_for_subitems.patch