Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Phil

da leggere,
29 mar 2010, 17:24:3229/03/10
a In-Portal Development Team
Hello,

I'd like to propose an update for a warning pop-up, when you want to
approve/decline a category.

You have a pop-up warning window asking: "Apply to all sub-sections?"
and the 2 choices are : OK -- Cancel

If I click on Cancel, or I close the window, it'll perform anyway the
action, only on selected category and not sub-sections.

I propose to name them : YES -- NO -- Cancel (can we add a third
button here?)

Phil.

Alexander Obuhovich

da leggere,
30 mar 2010, 02:54:3530/03/10
a in-por...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, but we can't rename/add buttons, since they are defined by browser itself. We can change the message to say, that OK - does this, Cancel - does this.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to in-portal-dev+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

da leggere,
30 mar 2010, 07:28:1430/03/10
a in-por...@googlegroups.com
why should we need browser internal window to do this? jQuery ins't enough? :-)

2010/3/30 Alexander Obuhovich <aik....@gmail.com>

Alexander Obuhovich

da leggere,
30 mar 2010, 07:45:4430/03/10
a in-por...@googlegroups.com
It's big step to change all dialog windows to jQuery and currently there is no jQuery extension, that will wait for user to press the button to continue related javascript execution.

Consider following javascript code:
if (confirm('confirm one?') {
  // some code
}
else {
 // other code
 if (confirm('confirm two?') {
   // some code
 }
}

When confirm/alert is used, then further javascript execution is suspended until user presses a button. When we use javascript (jquery) to display that window, then no matter what user will press in dialog window we still got our code executed.

Until this problem can be solved in logic way without complete rewrite of whole javascript of in-portal we will user browser-specific dialogs.

Dmitry Andrejev

da leggere,
30 mar 2010, 07:54:3130/03/10
a in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I agree with Alex here - we can update the wording here, but JQ will
not work as replacement at least for now.

Phil back to you now.

DA

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

da leggere,
30 mar 2010, 08:02:1630/03/10
a in-por...@googlegroups.com
Well, if you consider that the button will ONLY display the thickbox window, and the js is launched from this window? ;-)

yes or no will do the correct JS, while cancel will just close the window ^-^ isn't that easy?

2010/3/30 Dmitry Andrejev <dand...@gmail.com>

Dmitry A.

da leggere,
30 mar 2010, 10:13:5230/03/10
a In-Portal Development Team
I have reviewed the actual message in English and here is my suggested
course of action:

For now (without refactoring the messages) we simply add more
explanation there, so instead of

Apply to all Sub-sections - answers are OK and Cancel

it will read

Apply to selected and all sub-sections?
Press "OK" if you want to apply this action on the selected section
and it's sub-sections, press "Cancel" if you want to apply only on
selected section.

Waiting for your opinion.

DA.

On Mar 30, 7:02 am, "Phil -- wbtc.fr --" <p...@wbtc.fr> wrote:
> Well, if you consider that the button will ONLY display the thickbox window,
> and the js is launched from this window? ;-)
>
> yes or no will do the correct JS, while cancel will just close the window
> ^-^ isn't that easy?
>

> 2010/3/30 Dmitry Andrejev <dandre...@gmail.com>

> > Hi guys,
>
> > I agree with Alex here - we can update the wording here, but JQ will
> > not work as replacement at least for now.
>
> > Phil back to you now.
>
> > DA
>

> > On Tuesday, March 30, 2010, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com>

> > wrote:
> > > It's big step to change all dialog windows to jQuery and currently there
> > is no jQuery extension, that will wait for user to press the button to
> > continue related javascript execution.
>
> > > Consider following javascript code:
> > > if (confirm('confirm one?') {
> > >   // some code
> > > }
> > > else {
> > >  // other code
> > >  if (confirm('confirm two?') {
> > >    // some code
> > >  }
> > > }
>
> > > When confirm/alert is used, then further javascript execution is
> > suspended until user presses a button. When we use javascript (jquery) to
> > display that window, then no matter what user will press in dialog window we
> > still got our code executed.
>
> > > Until this problem can be solved in logic way without complete rewrite of
> > whole javascript of in-portal we will user browser-specific dialogs.
>

> > > On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Phil -- wbtc.fr -- <p...@wbtc.fr>

> > wrote:
> > > why should we need browser internal window to do this? jQuery ins't
> > enough? :-)
>

> > > 2010/3/30 Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com>

> > > Sorry, but we can't rename/add buttons, since they are defined by browser
> > itself. We can change the message to say, that OK - does this, Cancel - does
> > this.

Alexander Obuhovich

da leggere,
30 mar 2010, 10:18:5330/03/10
a in-por...@googlegroups.com
Ok for me.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to in-portal-dev+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

da leggere,
30 mar 2010, 11:31:3430/03/10
a in-por...@googlegroups.com
and if it was a clic-error? I'm not joking, this happens, including clic-n-regret actions :D

What do you think about my coding suggestion (moving js to context window)?

Actually we have a mix of in-portal ajax messages (in design) + browser warning windows, which are not at all in the same "way of working": it breaks the system flow, for example giving impossility to cancel an action...

2010/3/30 Dmitry A. <dand...@gmail.com>
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to in-portal-dev+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Alexander Obuhovich

da leggere,
30 mar 2010, 11:50:4430/03/10
a in-por...@googlegroups.com
If system before doing any action specially asks user to confirm that in a new window, then this should be something important. If user can't read messages in new windows and clicks "OK"/"Yes" in each new window it sees, then who has the problem: system that asks twice or user, who can't read :)

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

da leggere,
30 mar 2010, 12:22:4830/03/10
a in-por...@googlegroups.com
yes, but... you can't "cancel" your action in this window ;-) ok anyway this is not a destructive action at least !

2010/3/30 Alexander Obuhovich <aik....@gmail.com>

Dmitry A.

da leggere,
31 mar 2010, 02:15:5731/03/10
a In-Portal Development Team
Let's run the working by Ilya - just to make sure it's grammatically
correct.

Ilya would you please check whether it's good:

========

On Mar 30, 11:22 am, "Phil -- wbtc.fr --" <p...@wbtc.fr> wrote:
> yes, but... you can't "cancel" your action in this window ;-) ok anyway this
> is not a destructive action at least !
>

> 2010/3/30 Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com>

> > If system before doing any action specially asks user to confirm that in a
> > new window, then this should be something important. If user can't read
> > messages in new windows and clicks "OK"/"Yes" in each new window it sees,
> > then who has the problem: system that asks twice or user, who can't read :)
>

> > On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Phil -- wbtc.fr -- <p...@wbtc.fr> wrote:
>
> >> and if it was a clic-error? I'm not joking, this happens, including
> >> clic-n-regret actions :D
>
> >> What do you think about my coding suggestion (moving js to context
> >> window)?
>
> >> Actually we have a mix of in-portal ajax messages (in design) + browser
> >> warning windows, which are not at all in the same "way of working": it
> >> breaks the system flow, for example giving impossility to cancel an
> >> action...
>

> >> 2010/3/30 Dmitry A. <dandre...@gmail.com>

Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore