[In-Commerce] Payment types based on order billing country

1 view

Alexander Obuhovich

Mar 20, 2010, 3:13:27 PM3/20/10
to In-Portal Development
I propose we add country selector to payment type editing screen and checkbox, that will indicate, that payment types is intended to use selected below countries. During checkout only payment types not linked to country (from order) or payment types, that match order's country will be displayed to user.

What is unclear to is what to do in case, when primary payment type won't match order's billing country. Then what payment type should be set to order.

There also were similar request in forums: http://www.in-portal.com/forums/in-portal-modules/in-commerce-shopping-cart/bb_3979.html

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil ..:: domicilis.biz ::..

Mar 20, 2010, 6:25:52 PM3/20/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I've read all the post, and there an interesting way to achieve it:
linking payment and shipping, as you can't accept a payment for a
destination you are not shipping too, becaus the form will not go
until here :-) This would also avoid to select twice the countries of
destination.

Other question: what will be the behavior or payment selector when
it's not a "to ship" order, such as download or service? I suggest to
leave it like it's actually, but if you have another idea, I'd be
happy to read it !

2010/3/20 Alexander Obuhovich <aik....@gmail.com>:

> in-portal-dev+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the
> words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Dmitry Andrejev

Mar 21, 2010, 1:08:03 AM3/21/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Phil, I don't think we need to worry about Shipping here at all since it's optional in some cases (as you noted) and I see no need to relate these two.

Alex, I don't think it's an problem at all - we always should list Payment types ordering by following criteria -- Primary, Priority DESC, Name ASC

Am I missing anything?

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Mar 21, 2010, 3:52:23 AM3/21/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
So you suggest automatically set next available payment type, when primary payment type isn't available. That's good. For downloadable products we don't have shipping, but still can have payment type list limitations. That's why we should look into Billing Country instead of Shipping Country.

Alternatively we could look info Shipping Country and if nothing there (strange, but we have USA there by default, no matter if we are having tangible products in cart) and if nothing there, then look into billing country.

So before displaying payment type selection we should show a message (like on shipping screen) to force user to select it's address first to be able to see available payment types.

Phil ..:: domicilis.biz ::..

Mar 21, 2010, 2:40:28 PM3/21/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Just a remark, I was talking about shipping form, and not Billing, as
the subject pf this topic is about, because it seems nonsense for me.
If you can pay via CC chosinb Italy and only by wire transfert in
other countries, I'd choose to be billed in Italy, if I'm not a
professionnal ;-)

Alexander Obuhovich

Mar 21, 2010, 2:42:41 PM3/21/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
What about payment for downloadable products and payment for combined cart (with tangible and downloadble products)?

Phil ..:: domicilis.biz ::..

Mar 21, 2010, 2:53:07 PM3/21/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
that's why my opinion is to stay on payement for shipping adress,
it'll fit product-only cart and combined cart, while download won't be
restricted. But better to ask aslo user on forum what's he's need
about cart type...

Alexander Obuhovich

Mar 21, 2010, 2:56:35 PM3/21/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
What you mean downloadable products won't be restricted. The whole idea is to limit payment types no matter what product types are in case. When non-tangible, the whole your shipping country based idea fails.

Phil ..:: domicilis.biz ::..

Mar 21, 2010, 3:31:48 PM3/21/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
yes, and I was saying users could fake their billing address to access
other payments mode, that's why I was talking about shipping address.
But anyway this is a good feature, yes :)

Alexander Obuhovich

Mar 27, 2010, 5:45:17 PM3/27/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com