Marketing Module for In-Commerce / In-portal

Phil

Aug 15, 2009, 5:11:35 AM8/15/09
to In-Portal Development
Hello guys,

I want to submit some important improvments to In-Commerce for making
it a good alternative compared to other softwares. These improvments
could appear in a new module, providing Marketing Tools.

Some marketing features are just another way to sort DB informations.
I've listed them by order of importance.

Maketing Module tools
-----------------------------

>> CRM (Customers Relationship Management) tool will receive all e-mails from a given address, and will do the following:

This module will help to keep record of all and every mail sent to a
customer and received from him.

1. Try to automatically link received e-mails to user's ID, using
sender's e-mail or user's ID in mail subject

2. If it can't, a field will permit to manually select which
customers the email belongs to

3. All e-mails from a customer are kept in his registration file,
in a new tab, providing full management of all previous mails for
anyone doing customer support. Mails background color is different if
the mail was sent automatically by the system or by a sales
representative, and each manual reply also keep trace of the admin ID
who replied.

4. E-mail replyies can be done from the CRM window, showing
previous mails under the text area (like Gmail does), and user's ID is
automatically added at the end of the subject. Once mail sent, the
next mail to handle is displayed, ready to be replied, and so on...

>> Lost Orders tool
All customer who have registered to validate their cart and whom
order haven't been complete will receive an e-mail 1 day later to get
back to them with a notification text "have you encountered any
problem during the order process? May we can help you? ..."

>> SMS marketing tool
> customer can subscribe to an SMS alert when a produt get back in
stock
> customer can subscribe to an SMS newsletter
> customer will receive an automated SMS with tracking number when
order is shipped (if they have entered their mobile phone number in
their registration file)

All SMS operations are done via predefined gateways, including 1 e-
mail gateway (a localized server receive mails, convert and send them
as SMS: e-mail object is mobile number, and body text is the message
to be sent. We have coded something like this here already, just miss
the in-portal link)

>> Reward program
Implementing a reward program, using rewarding plans, just like the
ones in Affiliate menu. User can earn xx $ (credited in buying
coupons) each xx $ spent. Buying coupons are generated automatically

>> Users sorting tool : a simple filter to [sort], [export] or [e-mail] a users list using the following combined criteria:

> registration date : before/between/after given dates
> activity on site : never ordered/ordered "x" times
> transaction volume : under/over "x" $ of billed orders
> have subscribed for a recurring order

Ability to Save searches, and re-use it later in 3 click to do
mail marketing easily.

>> Conditional discounts

> discount automatically applies when total cart is over "x" $
> product available only if another given product is bought before
(linked sale) : this is like a product option, where the option is not
predefined fields but a product choosen from catalog
> selected discount applies on whole cart only if a given product
is in the cart

This is just suggerstion, based on my ideas. I 've checked Magento and
Bitrix, no one have one of these tools, while they are used by most
major websites today.

Phil.