Major flash uploader redesign to make it really simple to use

Alexander Obuhovich

Nov 12, 2009, 10:16:04 AM11/12/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I propose we change flash uploader in administrative console and on Front-End too to be more user friendly and simplify it's interface. For example we could use logic of original code of SWFUpload control: when file is selected via "Browse" button, then it is added under browse button and progress bar is shown near it and upload starts immediately. No huge progress bar dialog with total upload progress is shown. Ideally I would like to upload files same way they are uploaded, when new files are attached to gmail:

[x] Filename [progress bar] Cancel

[x] - when unchecked, then file is deleted
Filename - filename being attached
[progress bar] - shown only when upload is in progress
Cancel - shown only when upload is in progress and allow to cancel it in real time

Files are uploaded one after another.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.org
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry

Nov 12, 2009, 11:19:55 AM11/12/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I love the idea as well as Gmail interfaces :)

This would be very neat and useful enhancement for the uploader!

Are we planning to use some ready solution or need to code one?

Best Regards,

Dmitry V. Andrejev

Alexander Obuhovich

Nov 12, 2009, 12:46:07 PM11/12/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
We need to use solution from swfuploader site and fuse it with our
current implementation.
--
Sent from my mobile device

Dmitry A.

Dec 6, 2009, 11:55:45 PM12/6/09
to In-Portal Development
Anyone knows / saw a good solution for this?

DA.

On Nov 12, 11:46 am, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We need to use solution from swfuploader site and fuse it with our
> current implementation.

Dmitry A.

Dec 16, 2009, 3:35:43 PM12/16/09
to In-Portal Development
Okay, while no response here I've filed a new Feature Request so this
can be addressed down on the road:

456: Major Flash Uploader Redesign

http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=456

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

May 27, 2010, 4:45:23 PM5/27/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Good news. Patch is ready for testing. Follow testing instructions in the task.

Patch could applied to 5.1.0-B1 version, that is already released.

Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry Andrejev

May 28, 2010, 12:26:45 AM5/28/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Great! Will be testing it shortly.

Thanks.

Alexander Obuhovich

May 29, 2010, 7:29:06 AM5/29/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I've change queue css style. Here is an example. Now looks more like original queue of swfupload.
new_uploader_queue.png

Dmitry Andrejev

May 30, 2010, 3:47:00 AM5/30/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com