Replace kMultiLanguage formatter with 'multilang' field option

S.G.

Nov 17, 2009, 3:43:01 AM11/17/09
to In-Portal Development
My suggestion is simple - to remove kMultiLanguage formatter and add
'multilang' field option (in unit config). Why? Because there are some
cases when you need to apply any formatter (different from
kMultiLanguage) to field, but field also needs to be multi-language.
For example, in banner management system you may need to upload
different images for each language.

Dmitry A.

Nov 18, 2009, 1:14:23 PM11/18/09
to In-Portal Development
Hi Sergey,

Very good idea and I think we should research and plan this out for
5.1.0 release?

As U can imagine there is quite a bit of things that currently rely on
kMultiLanguage formatter so we would need to carefully review all
options including backwards compatibility + upgrades besides feature
itself.

Guys - Sergey, Alex (and others on this list) - let's try to think and
list here all the issues related to this feature.

Let's create a new "Feature Request" in Issue Tracker and reference to
this dicussion so we can update the final plan of action there once
it's all covered here.

Cheers and talk soon!

DA.

Dmitry A.

Dec 6, 2009, 11:51:27 PM12/6/09
to In-Portal Development
Didn't want to have this Topic to become History.

Let's try to think on this and create a task with initial specs.

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

Mar 27, 2010, 7:11:49 PM3/27/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com