Applying code standards to rest of the code

Alexander Obuhovich

Mar 30, 2010, 5:21:18 AM3/30/10
to In-Portal Development
I propose we create task for each bugfix release, where we can rename php classes, files and all other stuff to match our own coding standards listed in wiki. Let's not wait for 5.2.0 release with that.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry Andrejev

Apr 16, 2010, 6:45:06 PM4/16/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I knew we have this Discussion started already and was looking for it for about 5 mins :)

Anyway, yes we should keep moving and create On-Going task in each Bugfix release creating one for 5.0.4 since 5.0.3 is already in Beta.

There is one important thing since we are going to use 1 Task for this kind of Code Cleanup - we would need somehow to understand and have rules whether we commit right away or upload Patch as always and if we do we need to CLEARLY specify which Patch to test since previous (others) can be already Committed by that time.

Here is the task for 5.0.4

700: Code Cleanup in 5.0.4

Hooray, we passed 700 tasks already!

DA.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to in-portal-dev+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 17, 2010, 5:54:25 AM4/17/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
In case, when files got renamed, then we could not create patch and we'll commit strait away, but in case if we rename class or something, then we could create patch for that.

Most useful approach is to rename class file and class itself in one step, but in that case only way to determine what is changed is via commit log review.

Dmitry Andrejev

Apr 17, 2010, 7:59:17 PM4/17/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for detailing this out.

I just want to add if anyone else from the developers has some questions on this task - please feel free to ask here.

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

Sep 1, 2010, 4:27:50 AM9/1/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
That task was scheduled to 5.1.0, while 5.1.0 was out already - moved to 5.1.1.