In-Link Suggest Form Upload Fields

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Jun 29, 2010, 5:36:42 PM6/29/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

what should I know to transform upload fields in suggest form with ajax style uploader?
I need to upload files one by one, otherwise the form crash if there's too many big files, we encountered the problem with many of our first visitors.
Where to store files temporarly?

Thanks for info.
Phil.

Dmitry Andrejev

Jul 1, 2010, 8:27:57 PM7/1/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I believe this not very easy, but I can be wrong.

Alex, what's your opinion on this?

Thanks.

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

Jul 2, 2010, 2:20:45 AM7/2/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Not so hard as you think. You just need to copy related javascript & form block on Front-End. Then adapt it so it will look nice and that's all.

To do that you of course need to know how it works.
--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil

Aug 5, 2010, 9:50:54 AM8/5/10
to In-Portal Development Team
Hello,

I adapted it and created a new element definition in form.tpl, but
embedded inportal tags doesn't work by themselves and are outputting
blank fields for parameters :
allowedFiletypesDescription : '<inp2:{$prefix}_FieldOption
field="$field" option="files_description"
result_to_var="files_description"/><inp2:m_Phrase
name="$files_description" js_escape="1"/>',
allowedFiletypes : '<inp2:{$prefix}_FieldOption field="$field"
option="file_types"/>',
allowedFilesize : '<inp2:{$prefix}_FieldOption field="$field"
option="max_size"/>',
multiple : '<inp2:{$prefix}_FieldOption field="$field"
option="multiple"/>',
thumb_format: '<inp2:{$prefix}_FieldOption field="$field"
option="thumb_format"/>',
urls : '<inp2:{$prefix}_Field field="$field" format="file_urls"
js_escape="1"/>',
names : '<inp2:{$prefix}_Field field="$field" format="file_names"
js_escape="1"/>',
sizes : '<inp2:{$prefix}_Field field="$field" format="file_sizes"
js_escape="1"/>',

I guess there is more than just copy/pasting at this point, may I
should adapt baseURL in uploader.js to let him find the swf?

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 5, 2010, 10:16:15 AM8/5/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I supposed, that you will be coping "inp_edit_swf_upload" block from admin to to front-end and changing it.

Dmitry have successfully adapted latest uploader version for front-end recently, you better as him about it.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 5, 2010, 10:22:58 AM8/5/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I've copied this block and changed the paths accordingly to load js correcly.

Dmitry, can you help with this?

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 9, 2010, 9:13:08 AM8/9/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 13, 2010, 5:37:57 AM8/13/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
yes, but this no solution, neither here or in this other post...

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 13, 2010, 5:45:28 AM8/13/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Of course not, I just noted, that there are 2 discussions about same stuff.

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 24, 2010, 2:55:38 PM8/24/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Here are proper patches to be able to use flash uploader on front-end.

Task: http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=835

Ready for testing. All patches from related tasks must be applied before testing.
flash_uploader_on_frontend_themes.patch
flash_uploader_on_frontend_advanced.rar
flash_uploader_on_frontend_core.patch

Phil

Aug 29, 2010, 5:06:57 AM8/29/10
to In-Portal Development Team
Hi Alex,

thanks for this patch, here are my test results:

- progress bar doesn't work (tested on FF and Chrome)
- checkbox isn't very explicit, should be replaced by a "remove"
button

phil.

On 24 août, 20:55, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here are proper patches to be able to use flash uploader on front-end.
>
> Task:http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=835
>
> Ready for testing. All patches from related tasks must be applied before
> testing.
>
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Of course not, I just noted, that there are 2 discussions about same stuff.
>
> > On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Phil -- wbtc.fr -- <p...@wbtc.fr> wrote:
>
> >> yes, but this no solution, neither here or in this other post...

> >>http://groups.google.com/group/in-portal-dev/browse_thread/thread/479...

>  flash_uploader_on_frontend_themes.patch
> 13KAfficherTélécharger
>
>  flash_uploader_on_frontend_advanced.rar
> 44KAfficherTélécharger
>
>  flash_uploader_on_frontend_core.patch
> 19KAfficherTélécharger

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 29, 2010, 6:01:48 AM8/29/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
progress bar doesn't work (tested on FF and Chrome)

Progress bar is not shown or it shown in gray background without actual progress being displayed. In case of "no progress being displayed", then please check that progress*.gif images are in place and css using them too.

checkbox isn't very explicit, should be replaced by a "remove"

That's how it is done in Gmail. We could use "Remove" link after filename, like "Cancel" link after progress bar.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 29, 2010, 6:03:46 AM8/29/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
this "remove link" is a good idea !

ok I'll check for gif and css

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 29, 2010, 6:15:26 AM8/29/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Dmitry, what do you think about that?

Maybe we should apply that "Remove" link approach instead of checkbox in administrative console too?

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 29, 2010, 8:00:10 AM8/29/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
the checkbox isn't so bad, but display a "remove" link after "cancel"
one would be even better for intuitivity.

Dmitry Andrejev

Aug 29, 2010, 1:56:08 PM8/29/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I have reviewed this in In-Portal and Google and to be honest like the check-box approach more.

What if we add some title /alter text that will be shown when we mouse over the checkbox?

I am not against it - I just think it's extra things, but if you feel it's a must we can consider this feature change in upcoming In-Portal 5.2.0 release.

Please post your opinions.

Dima.
--

Best regards,

Dmitry A.

remove-checkbox.jpg

S.G.

Aug 30, 2010, 4:32:28 AM8/30/10
to In-Portal Development Team
In my opinion, editing attachments in e-mail and files on item edit
form are different things. When you compose mail, checkboxes mean "I
want to include this file in e-mail", and it's quite intuitive. But
when editing item, unchecking checkbox means "Delete file", which is
not too intuitive. When I saw current solution for the first time in
In-Portal, it tooks few moments to guess how to delete file, though I
knew about this solution (Alex told me). I think that Remove/Delete
link would be more intuitive.

On Aug 29, 8:56 pm, Dmitry Andrejev <dandre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have reviewed this in In-Portal and Google and to be honest like the
> check-box approach more.
>
> What if we add some title /alter text that will be shown when we mouse over
> the checkbox?
>
> I am not against it - I just think it's extra things, but if you feel it's a
> must we can consider this feature change in upcoming In-Portal 5.2.0
> release.
>
> Please post your opinions.
>
> Dima.
>
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Phil -- wbtc.fr -- <p...@wbtc.fr> wrote:
>
> > the checkbox isn't so bad, but display a "remove" link after "cancel"
> > one would be even better for intuitivity.
>
> > 2010/8/29 Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com>:
> > > Dmitry, what do you think about that?
>
> > > Maybe we should apply that "Remove" link approach instead of checkbox in
> > > administrative console too?

> > actual
> > then

>  remove-checkbox.jpg
> 29KViewDownload

S.G.

Aug 30, 2010, 4:34:25 AM8/30/10
to In-Portal Development Team
Also, for better interface, link may appear on filename/thumb
mouseover. Just idea.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 30, 2010, 5:01:03 AM8/30/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Sergeï, you have perfectly described my feeling about intuitivity.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 30, 2010, 5:03:33 AM8/30/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
about mouseover, idea is good but maybe too much "hype" for an average
user (more and more elderly people are using the net, including my own
parents, and having an option appearing on hover is... not in their
usual though ^^).

I personnaly like this idea of course :)

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 30, 2010, 7:02:58 AM8/30/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Then it is decided.

I will remove checkbox at all and add "Remove" link after filename with same delete confirmation dialog as before.

Since there is not much work to be done here, then I can assemble patch this week and will attach it here.

Dmitry Andrejev

Aug 30, 2010, 7:16:42 AM8/30/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for good explanation Seregey!

It would be great to have this patch for testing this week. We can even do an exception and include in 5.1.1 as an optiomization task.

Cheers.

DA

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Phil -- wbtc.fr -- <ph...@wbtc.fr> wrote:

> about mouseover, id...

Alexander Obuhovich

Jul 19, 2012, 6:03:17 AM7/19/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Because of changes made in http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=43 task (https://groups.google.com/d/topic/in-portal-bugs/B-MB2l-Qijw/discussion discussion) all attached patches won't work and needs to be adapted.

Dmitry A.

Jul 22, 2012, 2:09:16 AM7/22/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
How much work is involved here to re-assemble patches to work with latest changes that you outlined.

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Jul 22, 2012, 7:46:38 AM7/22/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Not more then 1.5 hours.

While we're at it we can apply this patch to "advanced" theme as well.

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Dmitry A. <dand...@gmail.com> wrote:
How much work is involved here to re-assemble patches to work with latest changes that you outlined.

DA

Dmitry A.

Jul 23, 2012, 12:18:40 AM7/23/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Okay, let's do new patch then too and forget about it.

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Jul 23, 2012, 7:40:58 AM7/23/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com