Add "Run Now" toolbar button to Agents grid

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 15, 2010, 3:37:41 AM4/15/10
to In-Portal Development
I propose add "Run Now" button on toolbar in Agents section. It will run selected agents immediately, but only, when they are not already running. Simply passing agent event in url won't guarantee parallel execution protection.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 15, 2010, 3:58:49 PM4/15/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Really good idea, like we have in most control panels, such as Plesk I'm using daily.

I'd also propose to display a status message, like 'in progress' , 'done'...
actually when we run tools for example, we don't have any return about the end of tool processing.

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 15, 2010, 4:08:14 PM4/15/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
We have that message already - agent status field.

Dmitry Andrejev

Apr 16, 2010, 6:50:01 PM4/16/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
New task has been filed for this:

701: Add "Run Now" toolbar button to Agents grid

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 17, 2010, 5:51:21 AM4/17/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Ok, but I've moved task to Future release. Please no more auto-adding any created task to 5.1.0 release.

Dmitry Andrejev

Apr 17, 2010, 8:32:21 PM4/17/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Agreed!

Sorry Alex - I got carried away a bit by your super fast development work in 5.1.0 ;)

Cheers!

DA.