Delete "/system/cache/debug_@*.txt" files from cron

Alexander Obuhovich

Feb 17, 2010, 2:18:31 PM2/17/10
to In-Portal Development
During development (while in debug mode) we are creating debug_@SID@.txt files, which contain a lot of information. Sometimes we don't delete them automatically when session is expired. I propose we create cron event, that will delete all debugger report files of expired sessions.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry Andrejev

Feb 17, 2010, 2:32:39 PM2/17/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this also brings us to another point that Session Expiration Check and Deletion should be done by Agent as well.

So let's create 1 task which will cover both related issues:

1. Move Session Expiration (Deletion) into the Agent
2. Perform Debugger clean up by separate Agent - may be we should run it ONLY when DBG mode is on OR once a month...

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

Feb 17, 2010, 3:31:02 PM2/17/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Ok, but I think, that once per week will be more appropriate (for debug file deletion) and once per day for expired session deletion.

Alexander Obuhovich

Mar 14, 2010, 4:03:32 PM3/14/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I think this discussion becomes obsolete after patch from task http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=589  ( 0000589: Process expired sessions from agent ) will be commited.