Email Sent Twice When Ordering

Phil

Aug 28, 2012, 3:39:47 PM8/28/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

i've just discovered that, beginning with 5.2.x, when you place an order, email confirmation is sent twice: once to account email, once to billing email.
It doesn't seems to be a bug, because these 2 address could be different, and I suggest that billing email (and all other billing fields) could be pre-populated with user account details, by default.

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 28, 2012, 3:45:30 PM8/28/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
It can happen, because in code we seem to specify both User ID who did a checkout and billing e-mail from order.

However in versions before 5.2.x only 1 e-mail to billing e-mail was sent.
In 5.2.x we improved mailing system, but haven't changed the code, that uses it. This way 2 e-mail are sent out instead of 1.

Since billing e-mail is required field (not sure, but could be so), then I propose to:
  • populate it with user's e-mail used during registration
  • send e-mail only to billing address

Dmitry A.

Sep 16, 2012, 12:50:06 AM9/16/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Gentlemen,

This sounds more like a bug and not a feature. Alex would you please create a new bug task in In-Portal 5.2.1 to address this?

Thanks.

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Sep 16, 2012, 7:39:12 AM9/16/12