Add "Pending ..." node while ajax content is loaded into tree

1 view

Alexander Obuhovich

Nov 27, 2009, 2:09:14 PM11/27/09
to In-Portal Development
I propose we add "Pending ..." node (in places of loading content) while ajax tree node content is being loaded. This will create effect, that content loads faster. After content is loaded "Pending ..." node will be replaced with actual content.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.org
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry

Nov 30, 2009, 11:25:04 AM11/30/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Good proposition, however I would think "Loading..." would be better for this case.

Also, we need to run some tests to make sure we don't see "Loading..." too often and too quick. It makes sense to show one when it take time to load.

What you think on above?

Best Regards,

Dmitry V. Andrejev

Alexander Obuhovich

Nov 30, 2009, 4:02:34 PM11/30/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
We can't measure how long data is loaded to show "Loading" or not, because we need to show "Loading" before data is loaded. But, when no data will be returned, then "Loading" will be added and removed and tree will jump.

Dmitry A.

Dec 6, 2009, 11:32:11 PM12/6/09
to In-Portal Development
Are we getting lot's of delays while it's loading the Tree?

I think we have a better chances improving by shortening Application

What you think on this Alex, Sergey?

DA.

On Nov 30, 3:02 pm, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We can't measure how long data is loaded to show "Loading" or not, because
> we need to show "Loading" before data is loaded. But, when no data will be
> returned, then "Loading" will be added and removed and tree will jump.
>

> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Dmitry <dandre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Good proposition, however I would think "Loading..." would be better for
> > this case.
>
> > Also, we need to run some tests to make sure we don't see "Loading..." too
> > often and too quick. It makes sense to show one when it take time to load.
>
> > What you think on above?
>
> >   --
>
> > --
> > Best Regards,
>
> > Dmitry V. Andrejev

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 7, 2009, 3:07:55 AM12/7/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
We are getting delays, when site is viewed from different country. Loading indicator is a lot faster to implement then to perform full scale application performance improvements. And it will give us nice effect (see in Zend Studio 7 for Eclipse for yourself).

Dmitry A.

Dec 7, 2009, 11:21:07 AM12/7/09
to In-Portal Development
Yes, I do agree it will be faster.

My main concern is that it will become annoying when shown all the
time...

How about we ask our Design and Interfaces guys on their opinion?

DA
> > Alexander%20Obuhovich%20%3caik.b...@gmail.com<Alexander%2520Obuhovich%2520%253caik.b...@gmail.com>
> > %3e>

> > <In-Portal%20Development%20%3cin-portal-dev@ googlegroups.com%3e>

> > tree

> > while
> > be

> > > --
> > > Best Regards,
>
> > >http://www.in-portal.orghttp://www.alex-time.com

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 7, 2009, 1:07:25 PM12/7/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
We could do that.

Dmitry A.

Dec 16, 2009, 3:15:53 PM12/16/09
to In-Portal Development
Ok, submitted a new Topic in Designs group for this:

Add "Pending ..." node while Ajax content is loaded into Catalog Tree

http://groups.google.com/group/in-portal-design/browse_thread/thread/40aa10b61aa0f237

Da.
> > <Alexander%2520Obuhovich%2520%253caik.b...@gmail.com<Alexander%252520Obuhovich%252520%25253caik.b...@gmail.com>

> > > --