Add page for adding new system settings

Alexander Obuhovich

Jun 1, 2012, 6:36:55 AM6/1/12
to In-Portal Development
In-Portal has very powerful configuration system (more then 300 settings that can be changed). However for me, as developer, it is hard to create new settings because I need to access database directly and put all fields manually without a validation.

I'm proposing to add "Add" toolbar button in each configuration section that would not only allow adding new setting right to it, but also validate developer entered data for common mistakes, like system setting phrase isn't in "la_config_*" format.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry A.

Jun 1, 2012, 7:50:55 PM6/1/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Another good idea that I think will make things work faster for us.

I would say that it would be good to get ability to see SQL that was exceutred so it can be added to project_upgrade.sql when needed.

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Jun 2, 2012, 3:38:46 AM6/2/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I also thought about that, but since kDBItem object would be used to create new setting then no sql could be retrieved out of it.

I only can suggest doing export of last row of SystemSettings table.

Dmitry A.

Jun 3, 2012, 1:42:30 AM6/3/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I think your suggestion would work just fine.

We should NOT do this by default. Instead have a check-box which will manage this behavior.

Please create a new task for this feature / improvement. I say we put in Icebox for now and can move around later.

DA

Phil

Jun 3, 2012, 2:22:56 AM6/3/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com