Change Approve/Decline to Enable/Disable in some Admin Console grids

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 5, 2011, 6:16:56 AM8/5/11
to In-Portal Development
I'm proposing to Change Approve/Decline to Enable/Disable in some Admin Console grids.

Approve/Decline makes sense, when user is submitting something from Front-End, that needs to approved/declined in Admin Console.

However Discount list can't be changed from Front-end and Approve/Decline buttons doesn't fit there. But Enable/Disabled does.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 5, 2011, 6:32:47 AM8/5/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
there's many other places where we could change this.

For example, in all item grids, we have "approve/decline", while in the item details the choices are "active/pending/disabled".

Also, I suggested in another post to add this third option "pending" to toolbar buttons.

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 5, 2011, 6:39:53 AM8/5/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Adding "pending" button doesn't make sense, since all items suggested from front-end are Pending already. You only need to accept them or decline then.

Status value change isn't required here, since:
  • clicking "Approve" button will make "Status = Active"
  • clicking "Decline" button will make "Status = Disabled"
You think, that statuses, like Approved, Pending, Declined would make more sense. About this I don't really know what is best from user's viewpoint.

Since users an be created already in "Status = Active", then "Status = Approved" will look strange for them.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Aug 5, 2011, 6:53:32 AM8/5/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
but I wasn't thinking about naming these button "Activate/Pending/Disable".

then click "activate" will activate selected items, and so on.
This is not an "approve" action, since you don't review all items in details :)

Alexander Obuhovich

Aug 5, 2011, 7:04:36 AM8/5/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I don't know. Let's wait for Dmitry's response on this before changing anything.

Dmitry A.

Sep 11, 2011, 1:54:28 PM9/11/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Yes, I agree with you here. We definitely need to review ALL Admin grid/sections and make necessary changes to use Enable/Disable where it makes sense.

I believe the rule of thumb is the following: Approve/Decline is suitable where we have Pending option for the Status, all other cases Enable/Disable should used.

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Sep 13, 2011, 2:49:43 AM9/13/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com