Ability to specify default countries

Alexander Obuhovich

Nov 26, 2009, 5:22:05 AM11/26/09
to In-Portal Development
We have various fields with countries throughout the system. Most of them have "USA" as default country and this can't be changed.

I propose to create a set of configuration variables, that will allow site administrator to change such countries.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.org
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry

Nov 30, 2009, 11:43:45 AM11/30/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I think this is related to the other discussions where we want to transfer all Countries and States into manageable grid.

By the way what do you mean by  "configuration variables" here?

Best Regards,

Dmitry V. Andrejev

Alexander Obuhovich

Nov 30, 2009, 4:06:56 PM11/30/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
By that I mean sections like "Configuration -> Website -> General" and similar configuration sections.

Dmitry A.

Dec 6, 2009, 11:35:43 PM12/6/09
to In-Portal Development
Do you think it's sufficient to have single selector for Default
Country for all places we are suing it?

I think we might want a bit more flexibility in terms of specifying
Default country based on Prefix? This might be option to Overwrite
default in Prefix Config?

DA.

On Nov 30, 3:06 pm, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> By that I mean sections like "Configuration -> Website -> General" and
> similar configuration sections.
>

> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Dmitry <dandre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I think this is related to the other discussions where we want to transfer
> > all Countries and States into manageable grid.
>
> > By the way what do you mean by  "configuration variables" here?
>
> >   --
>
> > --
> > Best Regards,
>
> > Dmitry V. Andrejev

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 7, 2009, 3:01:12 AM12/7/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
This is exactly what I meant (see my first post): to create a set of configuration variable for specifying default country for each usage location (billing, shipping, registration, etc.).

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 7, 2009, 3:12:25 AM12/7/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
It's user's choice to set counties he need. No need to override or use global prefix-based approach, because we always can change individual configuration variable value if we need to.

Dmitry A.

Dec 7, 2009, 11:07:15 AM12/7/09
to In-Portal Development
Ok, let's try to outline the final specs for this then. Considering
that it will be working with single Country management interface.

DA.

On Dec 7, 2:12 am, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's user's choice to set counties he need. No need to override or use
> global prefix-based approach, because we always can change individual
> configuration variable value if we need to.
>
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > This is exactly what I meant (see my first post): to create a set of
> > configuration variable for specifying default country for each usage
> > location (billing, shipping, registration, etc.).
>
> > On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 6:35 AM, Dmitry A. <dandre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Do you think it's sufficient to have single selector for Default
> >> Country for all places we are suing it?
>
> >> I think we might want a bit more flexibility in terms of specifying
> >> Default country based on Prefix? This might be option to Overwrite
> >> default in Prefix Config?
>
> >> DA.

> >> transfer

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 7, 2009, 1:17:54 PM12/7/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Ok, finals specs would like like this:

in each module "Ouput" configuration tree section add sub-section named "Default Countries" and add appropriate variables, like "Country for new user registrations", "Country for shipping address", "Country for billing address".

Use that configuration variable to make changes to unit configs via OnAfterConfigRead.

Dmitry A.

Dec 16, 2009, 3:19:27 PM12/16/09
to In-Portal Development
Ok, specs look good to me.

I think this tag is cross related to the one where you can modify
Countries and States? This was a feature request if I am not mistaken.

DA.
> > <Alexander%2520Obuhovich%2520%253caik.b...@gmail.com<Alexander%252520Obuhovich%252520%25253caik.b...@gmail.com>

> > > --
> > > Best Regards,
>
> > >http://www.in-portal.orghttp://www.alex-time.com

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 16, 2009, 4:01:11 PM12/16/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
What tag, maybe you've misspelled? Yes, this is feature request. I doesn't recall any related task/discussion here.

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 23, 2009, 3:34:47 AM12/23/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I think, that this http://groups.google.com/group/in-portal-dev/browse_thread/thread/fceaac790c383560?hl=en full includes this discussion, so I've place it's task here too: