Redesign "Custom" tab on category/category item editing screens

1 view

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 6, 2010, 12:01:06 PM4/6/10
to In-Portal Development
Every category and category item have "Custom" tab, where all custom fields are displayed. It looked normal in 4.x versions, but since 5.x versions we have completely different color schemes for edit forms and for grids. I propose to redesign this page by replacing grid with properly designed edit form where all custom fields are displayed (no pagination as for now).

Also translatable custom fields currently have translation engine (personal popup for each field) that doesn't match translation engine for whole form (central language dropdown on top of the form).

Now, when we have updated kMultiLanguage formatter class in 5.0.3 version we can surely use it to do all dirty job.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 6, 2010, 12:32:35 PM4/6/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
100% agree, nothing to add.

Dmitry Andrejev

Apr 6, 2010, 12:52:25 PM4/6/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
New Task for 5.0.4 then?

DA.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 6, 2010, 1:56:36 PM4/6/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
:)

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 6, 2010, 1:58:37 PM4/6/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Yes, new task.

Dmitry A.

Apr 9, 2010, 12:25:16 AM4/9/10
to In-Portal Development Team
Task has been filed:

684: Redesign "Custom" tab on Section and Catalog Item editing screens

http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=684

DA.