Remove endless "!" inside admin templates

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 13, 2010, 11:24:55 AM4/13/10
to In-Portal Development
In earlier template parser versions, used in In-Portal we had problems distinguishing simple text and labels, that should be translated. At that times we invented ability to escape text with "!" in form "!label_here!" so it will be translated.

For quite some time this is no longer a problem and that ! in admin template actually do nothing and are stripped at the end. Example code:

<inp2:m_RenderElement name="inp_edit_options" prefix="formflds" field="ElementType" title="!la_prompt_InputType!"/>

As you can notice title parameter value displays the problem I've described.

We will remove all such occurrences of "!" in one release and will remove code, that strips ! in next version, so all users will be forced to to change their code as well.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry Andrejev

Apr 13, 2010, 11:32:01 AM4/13/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
To be honest I was wondering it for long time, but didn't get to the point of asking here.

We can do this clean up in 5.1.0?

If so I can file a task.

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 13, 2010, 11:40:13 AM4/13/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
It's more to 5.0.4, then 5.1.0 since it not a feature at all, more like normalizing old code.

Dmitry A.

Apr 13, 2010, 11:44:33 AM4/13/10
to In-Portal Development Team
5.0.4 - Okay.

New task filed:

695: Remove endless "!" inside admin templates

http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=695

DA.

On Apr 13, 10:40 am, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's more to 5.0.4, then 5.1.0 since it not a feature at all, more like
> normalizing old code.
>

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Dmitry Andrejev <dandre...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > To be honest I was wondering it for long time, but didn't get to the point
> > of asking here.
>
> > We can do this clean up in 5.1.0?
>
> > If so I can file a task.
>
> > DA.
>

> > On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> In earlier template parser versions, used in In-Portal we had problems
> >> distinguishing simple text and labels, that should be translated. At that
> >> times we invented ability to escape text with "!" in form "!label_here!" so
> >> it will be translated.
>
> >> For quite some time this is no longer a problem and that ! in admin
> >> template actually do nothing and are stripped at the end. Example code:
>

> >> *<inp2:m_RenderElement name="inp_edit_options" prefix="formflds"
> >> field="ElementType" title="!la_prompt_InputType!"/>*

Dmitry Andrejev

Apr 18, 2010, 1:46:39 PM4/18/10
to In-Portal Development Team
I have another question here.

I have noticed that we have LOTs of different Style Control attributes passed to RenderElement for "inp_edit_textarea" and "inp_edit_fck", these are (may be not all):

1. control_options="{max_height: 20}"
2. style="height:400px; width:700px"
3. rows="2" cols="60"

I think we need to work out 1 single format, update all templates and follow it a long.

Thanks.

DA.

> http://www.in-portal.comhttp://www.alex-time.com

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 18, 2010, 2:18:05 PM4/18/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
  1. control_options are used only for height scaling when we have multiple textareas on same page
  2. style is what every form block can have
  3. rows/cols don't give same results for different browsers and are completely useless, when style is used, so I propose just not pass them. I also think, that they are not processed at all in 5.x version of In-Portal and only 4.x versions used them.

Dmitry Andrejev

Apr 18, 2010, 7:36:38 PM4/18/10
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for clarification here!

Sounds like we can go through the textarea elements in Admin Templates and convert to Style were we have COLS ROWS?

DA.