How to fix it!

jamie...@googlemail.com

Nov 6, 2008, 4:47:39 PM11/6/08
to import contacts
Hi,

Took me ages to work out how to do this but here is the low down...

1) Export all of your existing GMail contacts as contacts.csv and keep
it safe
2) Create a new csv file based on the <a href="http://
theregoesdave.com/2008/10/17/importing-contacts-into-gmail-guide-to-
google-contact-csv-fields/">updated one right at the bottom of this
page</a>.
3) Ensure YOUR OWN gmail address is not in the list.
4) Put the rest of your contacts into it.
5) DELETE all of your contacts from GMail - the whole lot!
6) Now import your newly created csv file based on the template you
got.
7) Finally import the contacts.csv file you saved right at the
beginning.

That did it for me, info based on a solution found in the comments of
import-contacts.html">this page</a>.

Cheers,

Jamie

jamie...@googlemail.com