Alternative for Team Viewer

sooraj kenoth

Oct 14, 2017, 5:22:17 AM10/14/17
to fsug-tvm
Hi,
Is there any alternative for TeamViewer, which will work across a
intra network? Teamviewer is working without any issue. SSH is not
working properly.

My PC is located in a campus, where we are connecting to the ISP
through a proxy server in which most of the ports are blocked. I need
to share my PC with a service technician who located outside the
campus.

--
Regards
Sooraj Kenoth

Tanzeem M.B

Oct 14, 2017, 6:46:50 AM10/14/17
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

Apache open meetings
It uses flash. You may use gnash instead.

"Freedom is the only law".
"Freedom Unplugged"
http://www.ilug-tvm.org

ilug-tvm-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

For details visit the google group page: http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Free Software Users Group,  Thiruvananthapuram" group.

Tanzeem M.B

Oct 14, 2017, 6:46:52 AM10/14/17
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

sooraj kenoth

Oct 15, 2017, 2:32:22 AM10/15/17
to fsug-tvm

> Apache open meetings
> It uses flash. You may use gnash instead.

Too heavy for a small task. Also it is not very easy to configure.
Here the purpose is remote support. It will not meet the requirement.

Anoop Jacob Thomas

Oct 15, 2017, 3:12:52 AM10/15/17
to ilug-tvm
Assuming that ssh still works, but as you mentioned not fully because you are in a LAN.

You can use a reverse ssh tunnel and then the service technician can use that to access your machine using vnc via ssh. You need to have a public IP access outsjide your campus or the technician should have a public or a NAT forwarding to his machine. You may use a reverse ssh as mentioned in the below link,

Or else if no public IP/port forwarding to a machine inside is available outside of your campus, you may use some free service like ngrok.io or serveo.net or openport.io and still route your vnc through ssh using these.

Regards,

Anoop Jacob Thomas

Anoop Jacob Thomas

Oct 15, 2017, 3:27:31 AM10/15/17
to ilug-tvm
 *there were some mistakes in the previous email, correcting all which i noticed.

Assuming that ssh still works, but as you mentioned 'not fully', probably because you are in a LAN.

You can use a reverse ssh tunnel and then the service technician can use that to access your machine using vnc via ssh. You need to have a public IP ssh access outside your campus or the technician should have a public ip or a NAT forwarding to his machine. You may use a reverse ssh as mentioned in the below link,

Or else if no public IP/port forwarding to a machine is available outside of your campus, you may use some free service like ngrok.io or serveo.net or openport.io and still route your vnc through ssh using these.

Regards,

Anoop Jacob Thomas
--
Anoop Jacob Thomas