Mammotty ll soon ...brand ambassidor of MICROSOFT

V K Adarsh

Apr 16, 2008, 1:05:19โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

Microsoft will be signing up Malayalamย movie star Mammootty asย one of theย brand ambassador for the Computer Literacy programme that will soon organize in Kerala.

Earlier Mammootty was offered Rupees Two crores to associate with the Coco Cola but the star refused the offer since of the gripe from many political and social organizations in Kerala, which are against this multinational.

so it is the high time to protest. and the same thing we can use as a platform to raise some facts on proprietary software and money nexus

On 16/04/2008, Anoop John <anoo...@gmail.com> wrote:

We could have a candle light vigil at the end of the trip during the
meetings in both the above cases.
Anoop

http://www.zyxware.com
http://www.thondomraughts.com
"Be the change you wish to see in the world", M. K. Gandhi

Res: 'adarsh', Vazhappally,Umayanalloor P.O ,Kollam
Mob: 093879 07485ย ย blog: www.blogbhoomi.blogspot.com

Environment friendly Request:
"Please consider your environmental responsibility and don't print this e-mail unless you really need to"

Save Paper; Save Trees

Anivar Aravind

Apr 16, 2008, 1:13:46โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
V K Adarsh wrote:
> Microsoft will be signing up Malayalam movie star Mammootty as one of
> the brand ambassador for the Computer Literacy programme that will soon
> organize in Kerala.

Is it confirmed? Please verify

> Earlier Mammootty was offered Rupees Two crores to associate with the
> Coco Cola but the star refused the offer since of the gripe from many
> political and social organizations in Kerala, which are against this
> multinational.

One of the interesting campaigns at that time was collecting Rs 1 from
normal people to support the actor (to deny cocacola's money) by
mamootty fans in kochi.
It attracteda lot of attention at that time. Can we do a similar
exercise to corner this move? (if it is true)

We will approch people give a free software CD and collect Rs 15 for
,media and send that money to mammooty

เดถเตเดฏเดพเด‚ เด•เดพเดฐเดจเดพเดŸเตเดŸเต | shyam karanattu

Apr 16, 2008, 1:24:58โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

Is it confirmed? Please verify
+1

One of the interesting campaigns at that time was collecting Rs 1 from
normal people to support the actor (to deny cocacola's money) by
mamootty fans in kochi.
It attracteda lot of attention at that time. Can we do a similar
exercise to corner this move? (if it is true)

We will approch people give a free software CD and collect Rs 15 for
,media and send that money to mammooty

more than ideal thing to do...i am eagerly waiting for the confirmation;-)

V K Adarsh

Apr 16, 2008, 1:36:00โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

ashik salahudeen

Apr 16, 2008, 1:37:47โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

First, an open letter to mammootty. We will pay for it to be published in the dailies.

--
เดธเตเดตเดคเดจเตเดคเตเดฐ เดฎเดฒเดฏเดพเดณเด‚ เด•เดฎเตเดชเตเดฏเต‚เดŸเตเดŸเดฟเด™เตเด™เต - เดŽเดจเตเดฑเต† เด•เดฎเตเดชเตเดฏเต‚เดŸเตเดŸเดฑเดฟเดจเต เดŽเดจเตเดฑเต† เดญเดพเดท
เดตเต†เดฌเต เดคเดพเดณเต:http://smc.org.in/

Rajiv Nair

Apr 16, 2008, 1:39:04โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. The open letter sounds like a good first step. Then if there's no response we'll do the thing anivar chettan suggested.

--
Rajiv R Nair

"Love, Peace, GNU/Linux....."

V K Adarsh

Apr 16, 2008, 1:43:56โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
yes we can prepare an open letter to mammooty. then pass it to Dr.Ekbal,Dr.RVG,Arun,........after a few oppu, we send it to dailes for publication, at least it ll find space in letters to editor. Its mammotty on one side so ppl ll notice and freesoftware intiatives ll get a space whether mammooty accept it or not.

ashik salahudeen

Apr 16, 2008, 2:09:46โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
i was talking about payin newspapers to publish it.

Anivar Aravind

Apr 16, 2008, 2:22:50โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
V K Adarsh wrote:
> yes we can prepare an open letter to mammooty. then pass it to
> Dr.Ekbal,Dr.RVG,Arun,........after a few oppu, we send it to dailes for
> publication, at least it ll find space in letters to editor. Its
> mammotty on one side so ppl ll notice and freesoftware intiatives ll get
> a space whether mammooty accept it or not.

Yes. It is surely a big opportunity for a campaign. I feel we can start
drafting it very soon. let various groups sent open letters. Let us
write open letter in a Wiki way. Draft a letter in FOSS community of
india wiki here http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty
and ask people to endorse it in wiki. we dont have much time left

Also people like adarsh can write about it on Weeklies like Mathrubhumi
about it.

Anivar Aravind

Apr 16, 2008, 2:28:40โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

An Idea. Lets have a poster with mammoties famous cooling glass
with a caption dont allow M$ to mask your eyes & freedom . Lets develop it

Rajiv Nair

Apr 16, 2008, 2:39:01โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
^^ +1

Rajiv Nair

Apr 16, 2008, 2:40:35โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
As long as mammotty fans dont manhandle us. Syam chetta are you listening?? :D:D

Nishan Naseer

Apr 16, 2008, 11:42:35โ€ฏPM4/16/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

<news-snip>
Mammootty said he wants to launch the project to help make all sections of the society IT literate.
</news-snip>

May be we can offer him better ways to do that !

Best,
Nishan

Anoop John

Apr 17, 2008, 5:42:23โ€ฏAM4/17/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
I think this is Microsoft's way of sneaking into Akshaya through the
back door. Isn't there anybody here who has ties with the higher ups
to see what they can do. Vimal? James?

ashik salahudeen

Apr 17, 2008, 6:12:20โ€ฏAM4/17/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Draft of open letter. All, please make modifications ASAP. Correct me if i have gone wrong , even provide an alternate content if you think better. We need to get this online and have to send this to mass media.

This letter is to express our disappointment in your involvement with Microsoft to launch their e-literacy program in kerala in spite of you being the brand ambassador to Akshaya. We are assuming that you were not given enough information about the IT Scenario in the state.

Software is a tool and a means with which we can achieve a lot of things. In this respect , it is similar to infrastructure like roads and rails . Using Microsoft software is akin to using a road built by a private agency who levies a charge for its use. Any further development to that road and the terms of usage of that road will be subject to that private agency alone however insane it be. Free Software is like an alternate road , with equal or better quality. It is community owned - public property. Which modifications has to be done , what has to be done and where it has to be done is driven by public need and is not subject to the whims of a private company.

When we use Microsoft's products , which do not comply to open standards and are never owned in the true sense , we are subjecting ourselves to what is called vendor lock in. They can end their support our computer systems whenever they will want to. We will be left hanging in the air when they demand more money for upgrades to their software ( whichย  as past has shown , requires more expense in the form of hardware requirements ) . we will be left without a choice. We do not want a society dependent on a company for any need.

There are equally good , community owned alternative to Microsoft products, which comply to open standards ( which means that anyone can make software that implement them , without licensing costs and be assured that it will remain interoperable with other similar software ) and we have succesfully introduced it to our children and students ( tomorrow's citizen's ) in schools. At this stage , your actions endorsing Microsoft's products will be damageing to efforts that strive to bring about open standards and free society.

As a great man who has added to the culture of Kerala and India , kindly set an example by using Free , open Source Software as our government has done.

We as a body that strives to support open standards and free society through free software , request you to reconsider your decision. We will provide more information should you require it.

Anivar Aravind

Apr 17, 2008, 6:17:37โ€ฏAM4/17/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Put it on wiki. we can edit there

> เดเด†เดฐเตโ€เดธเดฟ เดšเดพเดจเดฒเตโ€: irc.freenode.net <http://irc.freenode.net> เดฒเต† #smc-project

Anivar Aravind

Apr 17, 2008, 6:22:19โ€ฏAM4/17/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
edit it on below link. So we can easily track changes
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty

> เดเด†เดฐเตโ€เดธเดฟ เดšเดพเดจเดฒเตโ€: irc.freenode.net <http://irc.freenode.net> เดฒเต† #smc-project

ashik salahudeen

Apr 18, 2008, 5:56:21โ€ฏAM4/18/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
All,

OPen letter to Mammooty is now finalised and is available at

http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty

Please go there and add your name to the end of the listย  . Read through the letter first ok ?

--
เดธเตเดตเดคเดจเตเดคเตเดฐ เดฎเดฒเดฏเดพเดณเด‚ เด•เดฎเตเดชเตเดฏเต‚เดŸเตเดŸเดฟเด™เตเด™เต - เดŽเดจเตเดฑเต† เด•เดฎเตเดชเตเดฏเต‚เดŸเตเดŸเดฑเดฟเดจเต เดŽเดจเตเดฑเต† เดญเดพเดท
เดตเต†เดฌเต เดคเดพเดณเต:http://smc.org.in/
เด—เต‚เด—เดฟเดณเต เด•เต‚เดŸเตเดŸเด‚โ€:http://groups.google.com/group/smc-discuss
เดธเดพเดตเดจเตเดจ เดธเด‚เดฐเด‚เดญเด‚: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/smc
เดเด†เดฐเตโ€เดธเดฟ เดšเดพเดจเดฒเตโ€: irc.freenode.net เดฒเต† #smc-project

ashik salahudeen

Apr 18, 2008, 5:58:15โ€ฏAM4/18/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to mention something in the previous message. Those of you who don't have blogs/websites can use www.ilug-tvm.org as their URL.

Anivar Aravind

Apr 18, 2008, 6:12:24โ€ฏAM4/18/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
ashik salahudeen wrote:
> Forgot to mention something in the previous message. Those of you who
> don't have blogs/websites can use www.ilug-tvm.org
> <http://www.ilug-tvm.org> as their URL.

I request all bloggers to blog it and links on
http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty/Protest_Blog_Posts

sajith kumar

Apr 18, 2008, 6:24:57โ€ฏAM4/18/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
I have send an openletter to mammooty for co-operating the open souce software.

Rajeev J Sebastian

Apr 18, 2008, 6:38:31โ€ฏAM4/18/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
2008/4/18 ashik salahudeen <aas...@gmail.com>:

> All,
>
> OPen letter to Mammooty is now finalised and is available at
>
> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty
>
> Please go there and add your name to the end of the list . Read through the
> letter first ok ?

Its really wierd but these URLs indicate that mamooty's site runs on IIS:

http://www.mammootty.com/my_favourites.htm

http://www.mammootty.com/my_impressions.htm

.... Or maybe there's something wrong with my browser ?

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian

Praveen A

Apr 18, 2008, 7:23:26โ€ฏAM4/18/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
2008/4/18 Anivar Aravind <ani...@movingrepublic.org>:

> I request all bloggers to blog it and links on
> http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty/Protest_Blog_Posts

Digg the story
http://digg.com/microsoft/Mammooty_don_t_join_hands_with_Microsoft

and vote for it
http://www.fsdaily.com/Community/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty
--
เดชเตเดฐเดตเต€เดฃเตโ€ เด…เดฐเดฟเดฎเตเดชเตเดฐเดคเตเดคเตŠเดŸเดฟเดฏเดฟเดฒเตโ€
(as seen on /.)

Praveen A

Apr 18, 2008, 7:28:54โ€ฏAM4/18/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
2008/4/18 Praveen A <pra...@gmail.com>:

เด†เดฐเตโ€เด•เตเด•เต†เด™เตเด•เดฟเดฒเตเด‚ เดฎเดฎเตเดฎเต‚เดŸเตเดŸเดฟเดฏเตเดŸเต† เดตเดฟเดฒเดพเดธเดฎเดฑเดฟเดฏเตเดฎเต‹? เดŽเดจเตเดจเดพเดฒเตโ€ เด•เดคเตเดคเดพเดฏเดฟ เดคเดจเตเดจเต†
เด…เดฏเดฏเตเด•เตเด•เดพเดฎเดพเดฏเดฟเดฐเตเดจเตเดจเต.

ashik salahudeen

Apr 18, 2008, 7:33:37โ€ฏAM4/18/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

เด•เต‡เดฐเดณเดซเดพเดฐเตเดฎเดฐเต/Keralafarmer

Apr 18, 2008, 7:59:33โ€ฏAM4/18/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
Can't open perl script "D:\hshome\newclear\mammootty.com\vyttila\nikopolis\old\enquiry-submited.pl": No such file or directory
เดฎเดฎเตเดฎเต‚เดŸเตเดŸเดฟเด•เตเด•เต เด•เดคเตเดคเดฏเดšเตเดšเดชเตเดชเต‹เดณเต] เด•เดฟเดŸเตเดŸเดฟเดฏ เดฎเดฑเตเดชเดŸเดฟ. เดตเต†เดฌเตเดธเตˆเดฑเตเดฑเดฟเดฒเต].
--
Thank you
เดŽเดธเต.เดšเดจเตเดฆเตเดฐเดถเต‡เด–เดฐเดจเตโ€ เดจเดพเดฏเดฐเตโ€,

Anivar Aravind

Apr 18, 2008, 8:00:11โ€ฏAM4/18/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Praveen A wrote:
> 2008/4/18 Praveen A <pra...@gmail.com>:
>> Digg the story
>> http://digg.com/microsoft/Mammooty_don_t_join_hands_with_Microsoft
>>
>> and vote for it
>> http://www.fsdaily.com/Community/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty
>
> เด†เดฐเตโ€เด•เตเด•เต†เด™เตเด•เดฟเดฒเตเด‚ เดฎเดฎเตเดฎเต‚เดŸเตเดŸเดฟเดฏเตเดŸเต† เดตเดฟเดฒเดพเดธเดฎเดฑเดฟเดฏเตเดฎเต‹? เดŽเดจเตเดจเดพเดฒเตโ€ เด•เดคเตเดคเดพเดฏเดฟ เดคเดจเตเดจเต†
> เด…เดฏเดฏเตเด•เตเด•เดพเดฎเดพเดฏเดฟเดฐเตเดจเตเดจเต.

But after the endorsements

Anivar

เด•เต‡เดฐเดณเดซเดพเดฐเตเดฎเดฐเต/Keralafarmer

Apr 18, 2008, 8:07:26โ€ฏAM4/18/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
Open Letter To Mammooty -ย  Search in Google will give results.

ashik salahudeen

Apr 19, 2008, 2:58:14โ€ฏAM4/19/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Things seem to be a bit slow, only 40 people so far. Do visit

http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammootty

and add your name there if you agree with whats written .

If you have blogged about this then you can add it at

http://fci.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Letter_To_Mammooty/Protest_Blog_Posts

ashik salahudeen

Apr 19, 2008, 3:52:34โ€ฏAM4/19/08
to ilug...@googlegroups.com
I have posted a story at

http://www.ilug-tvm.org/content/another-ms-dirty-tactics

expressing my views and and briefly explaining the situation.