Languages Service for Snow Leopard (replacement for LaunchAppPlugin)

Jean Bovet

Sep 6, 2009, 7:30:18 PM9/6/09
to iloc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you upgraded to Snow Leopard, you might be missing the
LaunchAppPlugin that allowed to launch an application in a different
language than the current system language without having to change the
system preferences. In Snow Leopard, these kinds of plugins are no
longer supported so I created a System Service that does pretty much
the same.

You can download a preliminary version here:
http://groups.google.com/group/ilocalize/web/LanguagesService.zip

Just copy it into the Applications or Library/Services and then right
click on any applications and you will see an "Show Languages" entry
in the contextual menu.

Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Regards,

Jean

Corentin Cras-Méneur

Sep 17, 2009, 5:04:36 PM9/17/09
to iloc...@googlegroups.com

On 6 Sep 2009, at 19:30, Jean Bovet wrote:

> Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Actually I never replied to this, but thanks a LOT for this Service.
It works like a charm for me.

Corentin

Slava Yam

Sep 20, 2009, 6:10:48 PM9/20/09
to iloc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
First - Thanks ... useful tool
Second-  After I open any App. with different language than default one and close it - on the next opening the program will opens again in default language . - How can I change the default language of program to be opened in?
--
Yampolsky Slava
cellphone: +972 54 7725245

Jean Bovet

Sep 20, 2009, 7:31:03 PM9/20/09
to iloc...@googlegroups.com
This service will only launch the program in the selected language once (there is no simple way to force subsequent launches to be in that language).

Jean