"receiver of session is nil"

AxiNat

Mar 24, 2011, 7:18:30 AM3/24/11
to il...@googlegroups.com
Hi list,

When a session has expired and I try to access my app, I get a "receiver of session is nil" error (I just ignore it and re-try to access the app, then it works).

Is there something I'm doing wrong? How should one handle session expiration?

Thanks!

Bernat Romagosa.

sebastien audier

Mar 24, 2011, 7:48:58 AM3/24/11
to il...@googlegroups.com, AxiNat

Hi,

Which version number of Iliad is it ?

I tried it on 0.9.1.1, and it works.

Best regards,

--
Sébastien AUDIER

ObjectFusion S.A.R.L.
Applications web, consulting, design
http://www.objectfusion.fr

ZuLuuuuuu

Mar 24, 2011, 8:21:59 AM3/24/11
to il...@googlegroups.com

Bernat Romagosa wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> When a session has expired and I try to access my app, I get a
> "receiver of
> session is nil" error (I just ignore it and re-try to access the app,

> then
> it works).
>
> Is there something I'm doing wrong? How should one handle session
> expiration?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bernat Romagosa.

Some code at where the error occurs might be helpful for us.

By the way, the documentation's "Managing sessions" section is very helpful.
Here is how to handle session expirations:

http://doc.iliadproject.org/#Handling-session-expiration

-----
Canol Gökel

AxiNat

Mar 24, 2011, 8:46:10 AM3/24/11
to il...@googlegroups.com
My version is 0.9.1-SA.

I've just tried to inspect a currently active session, run self expire then access the website.

Here's the whole stack dump: http://pastie.org/1707998

Maybe I should add I'm running in debugMode, in deploymentMode (of course) I don't get any error, but I still got to refresh the page to access it.

Bernat Romagosa

AxiNat

Mar 30, 2011, 11:44:42 AM3/30/11
to il...@googlegroups.com
I think I just found out what was going on...

I was checking whether the visitor was using IE in my ILApplication >> index as follows:

^ [ :h |
self context request nativeRequest isFromMSIE
ifTrue: [ h html: self ieUserPage ]
ifFalse: [ h build: self pageStructure ] ]

I changed it to:

^ [ :h |
(self session user isNil and: [ self context request nativeRequest isFromMSIE ])
ifTrue: [ h html: self ieUserPage ]
ifFalse: [ h build: self pageStructure ] ]

And now it seems to work as expected when the session expires.

Cheers,

Bernat.

AxiNat

Mar 30, 2011, 11:51:27 AM3/30/11
to il...@googlegroups.com
Oops sorry, false alarm! That was not the issue...

AxiNat

Mar 30, 2011, 12:26:21 PM3/30/11
to il...@googlegroups.com
Excuse the mail bombing... this error is really bugging me:

findOrMakeSessionFor: aRequest
"Answer a valid session for <aRequest>.
Create a new session if no session is found"
| session id |
id := self sessionIdFromRequest: aRequest.
session := sessions at: id ifAbsent: [^self newSession].
session isExpired
ifFalse: [
session setModifiedTimestamp.
^session]
ifTrue: [
self removeSession: session.
^self session]

When the session is expired, we remove it, and then return self session, but:

session
^self context session

When I debug it, self context returns nil, so I guess there's the source of the problem, but I couldn't dig deeper because I don't understand how ILCurrentContext works :(

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks again!

Bernat.

Nicolas Petton

Mar 30, 2011, 1:15:38 PM3/30/11
to il...@googlegroups.com
IIRC it works this way so the expiring session has a chance to handle
the request and you can trigger some action and display infos to the
user.

See ILApplicationHandler>>handleRequest and ILSession>>onExpire

Cheers,
Nico

AxiNat

Mar 31, 2011, 9:22:37 AM3/31/11
to il...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nico, I managed to understand it and fix it. I was not implementing onExpire the right way :)

Bernat.