KDE4: Windows going to fullscreen automatically.

Sudarsan Sridhar

Feb 12, 2009, 4:02:47 AM2/12/09
to iit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using KDE 4 on Fedora 10. I recently updated it to version 4.1.4.
After this update, whenever i open a KDE application it opens in fullscreen.
I somehow have to reach the panel and disable the fullscreen option.

I googled about it. Some people said that disabling compiz-kde might do the trick but it didn't work for me.

Does anyone have a solution??
______Sudarsan

Gunjan Patidar

Feb 12, 2009, 4:58:21 AM2/12/09
to iit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sudarsan,

I am using KDE 4 on Fedora 10. I recently updated it to version 4.1.4.
After this update, whenever i open a KDE application it opens in fullscreen.
I somehow have to reach the panel and disable the fullscreen option.

I googled about it. Some people said that disabling compiz-kde might do the trick but it didn't work for me.

I'm guessing you're using compiz. This actually is a problem with compiz+qt4 combination. Here's how you can resolve this

open compizconfig manager.
scroll down to utilities section and look for 'workarounds'.
uncheck the very first option 'Legacy window fullscreen support'.

--
Gunjan Patidar

Sudarsan Sridhar

Feb 12, 2009, 1:50:20 PM2/12/09