{Software Talk} Gobby Lan Editor

narendra sisodiya

Apr 20, 2008, 12:07:43 PM4/20/08
to IITDLUG
Hi this is new section in which we will talk about interesting softwares &  project around the world. Please post maximum one software talk per day. Otherwise it will be difficult to install and test then, any quesries about the same software should be ask in the same thread ,

Gobby is a free software collaborative real-time editor available on Windows and Unix-like platforms.

After installing you need to create session and host that session. After hosting session other can join your session by session  password (created by session hoster)

after that you all can create a common document -- one document on which all can work , each body has different color associated with it and you can see who can writing what. you can char also,

This is a very good tool for assignment and projects , you can save session and work after turn off the PC also...

This is the read time editor ,
see images - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Gobby-0.4.0-dev-linux.png

--
Narendra Sisodiya
MTech (Computer Technology), IIT Delhi

Ishan Arora

Apr 20, 2008, 12:24:05 PM4/20/08
to iit...@googlegroups.com
gobby is in process of being superseded. It's successor is called Infinote. I was going to develop for it but things are moving really slow.