BIG Nandi Ride on Aug 1!

1 view

Sreepathi Pai

Jul 25, 2010, 1:57:59 PM7/25/10
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
There is a *HUGE* ride on Aug 1 to Nandi happening, co-ordinated on
BBC. This ride is aimed at *first-timers* who haven't climbed Nandi
ever!

If you can make it, please ride! Prakash is riding. And tires and
tubes willing, I will be riding too!

<http://groups.google.co.in/group/bangalore-bikers/web/sunday-august-1st-2010-nandi-hills>

--
Sreepathi Pai

Nirmal

Jul 27, 2010, 10:04:52 AM7/27/10
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
Heyy,,

Gr8 news..some memories recalled. What abt sending an iisc contingent. Am in.

Nirmal

Abhijit Kshirsagar

Jul 28, 2010, 1:34:18 AM7/28/10
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
Count me tentatively in...

Abhijit K

Sreepathi Pai

Jul 28, 2010, 4:59:59 AM7/28/10
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
Okay, here's the plan:

The big group is setting off from Columbia Asia Hebbal at 6.30AM. We
can also meet them there.
That's about 8km from the Institute I think, about 30min of riding.

So, 5.45 Reporting Time. C-Mess.

Note: Prakash and I are now served by mini-pumps, so any Dunlop valve
people must carry a pump (which I can supply).

Can someone who's a member of BBC modify this page to put this info
up? List us as 12.

<http://groups.google.co.in/group/bangalore-bikers/web/sunday-august-1st-2010-nandi-hills?pli=1>

--
Sreepathi Pai

Poovaiah MP

Jul 28, 2010, 9:05:24 AM7/28/10
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
who are the tentative 'in'ers?
--
Poovaiah MP
Centre For Electronics Design and Technology

gokul

Jul 28, 2010, 10:35:47 AM7/28/10
to IISc Bikers Network
I'm in too.

On Jul 28, 6:05 pm, Poovaiah MP <mp.poova...@gmail.com> wrote:
> who are the tentative 'in'ers?
>

> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Sreepathi Pai <sree...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay, here's the plan:
>
> > The big group is setting off from Columbia Asia Hebbal at 6.30AM. We
> > can also meet them there.
> > That's about 8km from the Institute I think, about 30min of riding.
>
> > So, 5.45 Reporting Time. C-Mess.
>
> > Note: Prakash and I are now served by mini-pumps, so any Dunlop valve
> > people must carry a pump (which I can supply).
>
> > Can someone who's a member of BBC modify this page to put this info
> > up? List us as 12.
>
> > <
> >http://groups.google.co.in/group/bangalore-bikers/web/sunday-august-1...

Sreepathi Pai

Jul 28, 2010, 11:50:04 AM7/28/10
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
1. Poovaiah
2. Prakash
3. Nirmal
4. Gokul
5. Sreepathi

--
Sreepathi Pai

gaurav bansal

Jul 28, 2010, 2:44:26 PM7/28/10
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
im also in...
i know one more person bhawani shankar who will be goin too...

Bhawani Shankar Leelar

Jul 29, 2010, 9:12:49 AM7/29/10
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
I will join you near C Mess ..
--
BShankar
(Bhawani Shankar Leelar)

Poovaiah MP

Jul 29, 2010, 2:38:30 PM7/29/10
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
No I'm not in... There is a family function on sunday (the reason for me being silent in the thread). But it would be great fun for all the new fellows. I'll join you guys for the other ride later.

Sreepathi Pai

Jul 30, 2010, 3:42:02 AM7/30/10
On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Poovaiah MP <mp.po...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No I'm not in... There is a family function on sunday (the reason for me
> being silent in the thread). But it would be great fun for all the new
> fellows. I'll join you guys for the other ride later.

I kinda realised that since you were not participating, nevertheless I
thought that putting your name down might make you magically appear :D

Anyways, lots of rides to look forward to this year!

--
Sreepathi Pai

Prithayan Barua

Jul 30, 2010, 10:16:52 AM7/30/10
to IISc Bikers Network
hi!
i am thinking of joining this ride. This will be my first long
distance ride.
But i have a simple hercules thriller cycle .
Is it advisable to for me to join the race, being a first timer with a
simple cycle ?

Poovaiah MP

Jul 30, 2010, 12:16:19 PM7/30/10
On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 7:46 PM, Prithayan Barua <prit...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi!
i am thinking of joining this ride. This will be my first long
distance ride.
But i have a simple hercules thriller cycle .
Is it advisable to for me to join the race, being a first timer with a
simple cycle ?

There is no race here... it is just a big ride... hercules thriller? i dont suggest that.. try to get someone's photon

On Jul 30, 12:42 pm, Sreepathi Pai <sree...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Poovaiah MP <mp.poova...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No I'm not in... There is a family function on sunday (the reason for me
> > being silent in the thread). But it would be great fun for all the new
> > fellows. I'll join you guys for the other ride later.
>
> I kinda realised that since you were not participating, nevertheless I
> thought that putting your name down might make you magically appear :D
>
> Anyways, lots of rides to look forward to this year!
>
> --
> Sreepathi Pai

Prithayan Barua

Jul 31, 2010, 7:08:08 AM7/31/10
to IISc Bikers Network
thanks for the suggestion....

Poovaiah MP

Aug 1, 2010, 6:20:21 AM8/1/10
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
How was the ride??

Sreepathi Pai

Aug 2, 2010, 1:57:12 AM8/2/10
On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Poovaiah MP <mp.po...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How was the ride??

As you must have already read on BBC, it was *AWESOME*.

Firstly, the weather was really really good. Nandi was covered in
clouds at the top, though by the time I climbed, that was no longer
the case.

Lots of bicyclists! Lots of bicycles! :D

Prakash rode up and down thrice with timings of 35/42/37!

Nirmal and I exorcised the ghosts of our last Nandi climb by climbing
up to the top riding. I finished my climb in 1.5 hrs (mostly 10kmph),
with long enjoyable breaks in between (the weather was that good!), in
the pattern base-5-3-2-.-1-.-.- where dots indicate midplace stops,
while numbers are stops at km-posts. I think Mandya must have tuned up
the legs, since the ride was *much* easier than I was expecting.

We came back via Doddaballapur, instead of the NH-7, and while
Doddaballapur road is still the aggressive mess it was, the village
road was incredibly pleasant as before. Imagine riding through
vineyards with the smell of ripe grapes in the air!

Also, Prakash's suggestion to use ORR after Hebbal was excellent
allowing us to have a pleasant ride back to campus.

Gokul, Gaurav and Bhavani, our first time riders have had a incredibly
tough initiation, congrats to them for riding with us!

6hrs of riding at 20kmph *including* the climb :D

And I must add a note of thanks to Yogesh Rao who came up with the
idea of this trip and organized it so beautifully, Mr. Bhaskar Rao and
Brig. Vijay for breakfast, lunch and support! And of course, BBC for
the excellent forum!

--
Sreepathi Pai

gokul

Aug 4, 2010, 10:20:06 AM8/4/10
to IISc Bikers Network
The photos i took
http://picasaweb.google.com/116911111987510094958/NandiBicycleRideAugust12010Sunday02

I shot some shaky videos too.
I haven't put it up online since it's not so interesting. I could give
them in a pen drive if you want.
If you really want me to put them up on youtube i could try.

Madhu N

Aug 4, 2010, 10:51:35 AM8/4/10
to iiscbike...@googlegroups.com
Good one.
So Prakash is riding for Rabobank is it ?!
And who s that kid in the 'Yellow jersey' ?

Regards.
343.gif

Sreepathi Pai

Aug 4, 2010, 2:11:01 PM8/4/10
On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Madhu N <madhu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good one.
> So Prakash is riding for Rabobank is it ?!
> And who s that kid in the 'Yellow jersey' ?

He's a cargo cult cyclist.

He believes if he wears the right stuff, he will automatically cycle :D

P.S.: That being said, the btwin shorts are *excellent* for prevention
of chafing.

--
Sreepathi Pai