F.A.Q - Read this first!

Bonstio

Jul 11, 2007, 6:42:10 AM7/11/07
to Custom iGoogle Skins
Q: What should I use to make skin creation easier?
A: Firefox http://www.getfirefox.com with Firebug http://www.getfirebug.com
and a good CSS guide like this http://home.tampabay.rr.com/bmerkey/cheatsheet.htm

Q: What happens when you open another iGoogle tab?
A: That's the beauty of it really - you can a different skin on each
tab now - e.g. a BBC skin for your BBC News tab

Q: I noticed that your theme images (and my theme) do not fill area
behind tabs - there is white background. Original tabs are over theme
image (in some themes tabs are even transparent), how can i do this ?

A: This was deliberate - It's all in the css :-)

Bonstio

Jul 14, 2007, 3:32:25 PM7/14/07
to Custom iGoogle Skins

A: This was deliberate - It's all in the css.

Q: My skin was in the directory but then it disappeared! What's going
on?

A: Maybe your skin was rubbish. Come on, make an effort! Taking one of
the existing skins and changing nothing but a couple of images isn't
really making much effort is it? If you want to use a simple mod of
an
existing skin such as like this, please stick to using it via the
testing
mode and refrain from submitting to the skins directory :-)

Bonstio

Jul 19, 2007, 12:26:24 PM7/19/07
to Custom iGoogle Skins
Q: I have a problem <insert generic problem here>
A: That's no good! I need details please! As many of the following as
possible:

> Browser and versoin
> URL you access iGoogle via.
> Javascript errors
> Try the gadget on a tab of its own and see if that fixes the problem
> Try a different browser

Bonstio

Jul 20, 2007, 10:39:20 PM7/20/07
to Custom iGoogle Skins
Q: Why has an advert appeared? Why did you suddenly put them in? GRRR!
A: Ads have always been in from the start. The gadget took a lot of
time and effort so please support me by tolerating them. Besides I
have to pay for my massive bandwidth bill somehow. Ads appear once a
day every three or four days. That's not bad is it?

Message has been deleted

Bonstio

Aug 27, 2007, 10:20:03 AM8/27/07
to Custom iGoogle Skins