Breaks Addthis :(

John

May 2, 2011, 8:48:40 AM5/2/11
to selectivizr
Hi All,

I am using this script on a new site I am developing and cannot
unfortunately share that link as it is a private client. But what I
can tell you is that AddThis and Selectivizr does not play well
together. What happens is that the Addthis widget will have it's
styles completely ripped out in IE6, 7, and 8. Has anyone come across
this and does anyone know of a quick fix?

Matthijs

May 6, 2011, 7:47:06 AM5/6/11
to selectivizr
I had a similar problem but could fix using the following code:

<script type="text/javascript">
$j(function()
{
$j('head').append('<script type="text/javascript" src="...AddThis js
file..."><\/script>');
});
</script>

It is not the most elegant solution, but it works.

Good luck!

jstoller

Jun 15, 2011, 3:31:50 AM6/15/11
to selectivizr
I had the same problem. I'd love to see a more permanent fix.

Keith

Jun 15, 2011, 1:20:39 PM6/15/11
to selectivizr
If you could upload a simple demo of the problem I'll take a look

Keith

Jun 15, 2011, 9:52:40 PM6/15/11
to selectivizr
I've tracked the issue to the way selectivizr handles protocol
relative URLs. A fix has been added v1.0.3 beta, which can be
downloaded here:

https://github.com/keithclark/selectivizr

Let me know how you get on.

Keith

jstoller

Jun 16, 2011, 1:06:07 AM6/16/11
to selectivizr
I just downloaded your latest from github and did a quick test. It
seems to fix the problem. Thanks! will there be an official release
soon?