Principle #1 - Design With the User Meeting at Creative Associates - Thurs. July 31st 8:30am-12pm

ICT4D Principles

Jul 21, 2014, 11:28:53 AM7/21/14
to ict4d-pr...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleagues,

Please join us on Thursday, July 31st for a discussion of the first Greentree Consensus principle for digital development, Design with the User.

Hosted by the Principles Working Group, the event will explore how we can bring in human and user-centric design in creating, implementing, and evaluating programs.

We’ll hear from three leading design practitioners:

·      Tapan Parikh, Assistant Professor from UC Berkeley

·      Dianna Kane, Senior Designer, Medic Mobile

·      Panthea Lee, Lead Designer & Principal, Reboot

Then we'll move into group brainstorming and small team problem solving to define practical applications of designing with the user.

For this “friends and family” event, each working group member should bring 1-2 colleagues interested in digital development.

All planning to participate need to RSVP here

For those of you not in DC, please still RSVP and we'll send you the call-in information.

For more information, check out: www.ict4dprinciples.org.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Eric Couper

Jul 28, 2014, 4:01:33 PM7/28/14
to ICT4D Principles
If we have more than two people that want to listen in, can additional people RSVP for call-in information only or will there be a separate call-in event?

Also, do we plan to video/audio record the discussion?

Ayan Kishore

Jul 30, 2014, 12:55:02 PM7/30/14
to Eric Couper, ICT4D Principles

The RSVP for remote participation has closed since there are only 10 seats allowed on Google Hangout (the in-person RSVPs are still open).

However, we will be using Hangout on Air so that many more can view/listen in live and interact via chat: http://goo.gl/xj4Mvj Feel free to share that with others. The recording of the Hangout on Air will be on Youtube afterwards.

Cheers,

Ayan

Ayan Kishore

Senior Associate, Technology for Development

Cross-Functional Group

Creative Associates International

5301 Wisconsin Ave., NW, Suite 700

Washington, DC 20015