Informix support in ibm_db_django

Bender

Mar 19, 2010, 2:09:39 PM3/19/10
to ibm_db
greetings,

we want to connect to a remote informix database using django. that
is the informix database lives on one server, and our django apps live
on another.

can anyone confirm that there is support for informix databases in the
ibm_db_django-0.2.0-beta bundle? from the google code site:

http://code.google.com/p/ibm-db/

it states on the wiki:

http://code.google.com/p/ibm-db/wiki/ibm_db_django_README

informix is listed under "future supported databases"

Informix(IDS) Cheetah version 11.10 onwards

thanks in advance.

Mario Briggs

Mar 22, 2010, 9:42:23 AM3/22/10
to ibm_db
Hi Bender,

We havent run the Django regression suite with Informix yet and hence
the note in the README. That said however, the Django adapter relies
on the ibm_db_dbi wrapper which in turn depends on the ibm_db python
driver, the latter 2 which already support IDS. We dont expect to see
much issues if any with the django adapter to IDS, but havent found
time to spend on that yet.

You are welcome to use the django adapter with IDS and report any
issues you face.

cheers
Mario