j2ca0294w

Jim F Cooke

Jun 21, 2006, 3:51:55 PM6/21/06
We are runing WAS express 6.0.2.9 on iseries v5r2 and we are seeing this
error in our system_out log:

[5/30/06 12:13:41:582 EDT] 00000176 ConnectionFac W J2CA0294W: Deprecated
usage of direct JNDI lookup of resource jdbc/cfacp. The following default
values are used: [Resource-ref settings]

res-auth: 1 (APPLICATION)
res-isolation-level: 0 (TRANSACTION_NONE)
res-sharing-scope: true (SHAREABLE)
loginConfigurationName: null
loginConfigProperties: null
[Other attributes]

res-resolution-control: 999 (undefined)
isCMP1_x: false (not CMP1.x)
isJMS: false (not JMS)

From what I have read on the IBM knowledgebase, applying fixpack 9 (or
various other fixpacks) should eliminate this message.

We have fixpack 9, but we still see the message.
Anybody know why?

Thanks,
Jim

walker.l2

Jun 22, 2006, 4:24:06 AM6/22/06
We had a a similar message suppression issue on WAS 5.0.2 with
J2CA0075W messages. The solution was to update the j2c.properties file
in QIBM/UserData/WebAS5/Base/myinstance/properties
by uncommenting the following line: < logMissingTranContext > true <
/logMissingTranContext > and changing 'true' to 'false'.

You might be able to do something similar in WASE 6.0.2

Alternatively, if you define a ResourceRef in your EAR file, I think
you'll see your message disappear.

fox_t...@trashmail.net

Jun 23, 2006, 4:15:45 PM6/23/06
Jim,

This is produced as a result of your direct JNDI lookup. In 6.0 and
onwards, this will produce a warning message. In order to supress it,
either you will have to exclude this message (J2CA0294W) from the log
by including an exclude in the j2c.properties or use indirect lookups.

See
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.base.doc/info/aes/ae/rdat_jnditips.html
for tips on CF JNDI names.

Partha