Redirect to custom URL after successful login

x@vi

Sep 4, 2009, 2:33:20 PM9/4/09
Hi.

I'm developing a custom login portlet using the Portal's LoginService. I wanna redirect to the portal page given by a porlet preference's value after a successful login; the value of the preference is the page's unique name.

In order to achieve this I have a custom subclass of com.ibm.wps.engine.commands.LoginUserAuth overriding the doPostLogin method. Inside doPostLogin I'm using the PortalURLGenerationService to generate the URL from the page's unique name, however PortalURLGenerationService doesn't seem to be aware of the authentication context at this point and I'm getting URLs starting with "/wps/portal/..." instead of "/wps/myportal/...".

Is there any other way to generate the correct URL?

Thanks in Advance

Best regards

Neeraj Sidhaye

Sep 5, 2009, 4:06:54 AM9/5/09

Use Authentication Filter and redirect to desired portal page after successful login...

have at look at my article on *[Authentication Filter|http://extremeportal.blogspot.com/2009/06/authentication-filter-implementation-in.html]*

many thanks..
**
*[Extreme Portal|http://extremeportal.blogspot.com]*

x@vi

Oct 1, 2009, 6:56:57 PM10/1/09
Thanks a lot for the advice, I used Authentication Filter mechanism as mentioned in your article and it works fine.