How to print http ports with jacl(wsadmin) in was 6.X?

thomas...@hotmail.com

Feb 15, 2007, 11:00:47 AM2/15/07
Hello Everybody,

I am currently developing a general jacl script for printing useful information about every application running in a Websphere installation. The information consists of application name, virtual host, server name etc... So far I havent managed to figure out how to display the
http ports. In WAS 5 printing the ports was easy:

>set server [$AdminConfig getid /Server:GetServicesSrv/]
>$AdminConfig list EndPoint $server

but it won`t work in Was 6.X. Could somebody give me a clue about how to do it?
I have tried to navigate across the element hierachy with the command

>$AdminConfig attributes XXX

beginning with

$AdminConfig attributes Server

in order to see what elements XXX has related to it(the first element to scan being 'Server' is supposed to be an obvious choice since the http ports are configured on server level).

I would appreciate any help, also hints about how to make more efficient searches with AdminConfig are welocme...

Regards,
Tom

thomas...@hotmail.com

Feb 15, 2007, 11:51:37 AM2/15/07
I just figured out that by executing the commands

>set server [$AdminConfig getid /Server:server1/]
>$AdminConfig showall $server

I can get most of the information, for example the bootstrap port, the soap connector port, the CSIV2_XXX ports and the ORB port but Im still missing the http and https ports... any hints? On which level/in which object are they configured?

Sven Vermeulen

Feb 16, 2007, 5:58:08 AM2/16/07

thomas...@hotmail.com schreef:

They are probably identified by the WC_defaulthost and
WC_defaulthost_secure endpoints.

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

thomas...@hotmail.com

Feb 19, 2007, 4:40:26 PM2/19/07
Hello,

Almost finished the scripting assignment, I´ll send everything programmed during the two last days as a file attachment in the case somebody finds the information useful. Note the procedure prueba, which is the main test method.

I arranged the information displayed by separating the information with tabs and carriage returns. This makes is easier to copy and paste the information into an Excel file.

Regards,
Tom

thomas...@hotmail.com

Feb 19, 2007, 4:41:55 PM2/19/07
..and now the attached file:)

Mark Lewis

Feb 20, 2007, 8:46:22 AM2/20/07
thomas...@hotmail.com wrote:
> ..and now the attached file:)

Hi Tom,

Your attachment didn't make it through to my newsreader. It sounds like
you've solved your problem OK but perhaps this is useful for somebody
else anyway... Here is a bit of jacl that should interrogate the
endpoints for each server on WAS 6.x:

set nodes [$AdminConfig list Node]
foreach node $nodes {
set nodeName [$AdminConfig showAttribute $node "name"]

set serverEntries [$AdminConfig list ServerEntry $node]
foreach serverEntry $serverEntries {
set serverName [$AdminConfig showAttribute $serverEntry "serverName"]
puts ""
puts "Node:$nodeName/Server:$serverName"

set namedEndPoints [$AdminConfig list NamedEndPoint $serverEntry]
foreach namedEndPoint $namedEndPoints {
set endPointName [$AdminConfig showAttribute $namedEndPoint
"endPointName"]
set endPoint [$AdminConfig showAttribute $namedEndPoint "endPoint"]
set host [$AdminConfig showAttribute $endPoint "host"]
set port [$AdminConfig showAttribute $endPoint "port"]
puts "$endPointName: $host:$port"
}
}
}