AD password sync is't functioning

Raymond

Sep 4, 2006, 3:27:28 AM9/4/06
I have installed IBM TDI 6.0 with FP 3
I created the keystore using the following command within my Password Plugin
directory (C:\Program Files\IBM\DiPlugins\IDI)

.\_jvm\bin\keytool -genkey -alias myTDIPassStore -keypass
mypassword -storepass mypassword -keystore myPassStore.jks -storetype
JKS -provider com.ibm.crypto.provider.IBMJCE -keyalg RSA

IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator 6.0 Password Synchronizer Plugins
IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator 6.0 Password Synchronizer Plugins Update
And follow the "readme_mqepwstore_ismp.htm" to config the MQe password
store

After that i can't change the user password in my AD.
And return the error message below :

Why i can't change the AD user password after i add the MQe password store?
Anything i was missing or incorrect setting?

Raymond

Sep 4, 2006, 3:34:58 AM9/4/06
After that i can't change the user password in my AD.
And return the error message below :
"Windows cannot complete the password change for user1 because :
The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the
minimum password length, password
complexity and password history requirements."

"Raymond" <raymond...@pccw.com> wrote in message

Christian Chateauvieux

Sep 14, 2006, 3:32:34 AM9/14/06
Also, you may want to check if registry settings were applied correctly.
See
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=697&context=SSCQGF&dc=DB520&uid=swg21244947&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct697tivoli

HTH,

Christian

Christian Chateauvieux

Sep 14, 2006, 3:31:05 AM9/14/06
This is the default behaviour of the password sync plugin. If the plugin
cannot store the intercepted password on the MQe message bus or on the
temporary LDAP store, it will have Windows return the message you describe.

So... it may well be you have a connectivity issue. I'd advise you to
turn detailled logging on (in the plugin config files) and possibly to
open a PMR if this doesn't help.

Christian