Using KML files links from Safari to maps.app on iphone

Brian

Mar 13, 2008, 7:33:35 AM3/13/08
to iPhoneWebDev
I recently started building a web app for my Ipod Touch (1.1.4) and
was interested to see that I can reference KML files which then pop up
in maps.app; However, I do cannot see anything other than the Name,
Address and PhoneNumber fields when the link is clicked on the map.
Is this a 'feature'? of maps.app or is there something wrong with my
KML syntax. I am especially interested in being able to see the Home
Page field on the iphone.

-brian

Example KML file:
http://findmycrib.com/hold/f4.kml

grigs

Mar 14, 2008, 11:33:48 AM3/14/08
to iPhoneWebDev
The way I read Google's documentation, Google Maps Mobile (which the
iPhone is a derivative of) can only support a subset of the kml
properties:
http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/mapsSupport.html

-Jason

Brian

Mar 15, 2008, 9:09:25 AM3/15/08
to iPhoneWebDev
I did have a look at that, however, the supported field mentioned is
specific to the overlay, not the information presented when the pin is
clicked.